I explained to my tutee the definition of 'first impression' followed by its example sentence.
'My first impression of you is that you are a beautiful girl.'
And she followed..
'My first impression of you is that you are not as tall as other Singaporeans.'
LOLS! My fragile heart broke when she said that. I always thought that i was tall!
One sunny afternoon, i received a msg from Bi Han. She told me to check my mail. Prof Lee, my final year project supervisor, sent us an email.
The subject was 'first fyp meeting'.
Here goes:
Dear FYP students,
Welcome to bio-optics lab.
This year we have as many as 8 students, and the lab will be crowded. But I’m glad all of you are very motivated students, and I would like to give a full thrust this year. To be honest, my expectation for FYP students was quite low until last year, but this year will be different. We’ll have two group meetings every week for faster feedback. Everyone’s goal will be to come up with a publishable result, so that you will have at least one submitted journal paper by the time you graduate.
I suggest that we have our first meeting on Tuesday, August 31, at 1:30pm in the BIE conference room (N1.3-B3, right next to the lift). Let me know if you have any time conflict. We’ll discuss when will be the next meeting, and what our schedule will be like.
Good English huh!
Then it became not so sunny anymore. lols! I will have my final year project in the year when he is going to heighten his expectations. And.. 2 group meetings every week! Faints!
A published journal? Omg.
Hence, by the time i get to read my own journal, it will be next year.
And i believe the journal will be titled,
"Correlation Diffusion Spectrometry"
By Prof (New Times Roman font 12), (The pHD student's name - font 10), and HJ (font 8)
LOLS!
Okie, it's better than nothing right! Small name is better than no name. At least my work will be published as a technical paper. Cool right! But this paper will cost me quite a few corrections and amendments. Now I foresee late nights working in the lab in school, insufficient sleep, lots of coffee and some backache. School is coming.. First meeting second day of school.. Oh no! So scared. lols.
Taiwan Day 3 Part 1
In the lift early in the morning all ready to go out and have some fun!
Us at the Breakfast House.
I know i looked like a gong kia wearing shorts with sneakers. But that isnt much of a choice since sneakers are better than slippers for walking long distances.
Breakfast cafes there are of small infrastructures and cute designs. i had a hard time reading those Chinese characters and difficulty ordering.
The sandwiches on the bench cost only TWD20 (SGD$0.80)! I had egg jian bing (sth like toast) for only TWD 30 (SGD$1+).
They had only 2 tables by their stall.
We took our leftover wrappers with us after we finish eating. We were amazed that the staff chased us just to tell us that it was okay he could throw the rubbish for us and that the rubbish bins are hard to find there. Ultra nice!
Simba with banana milk.
The drinks we bought from 7 eleven were really nice!
No matter which flavour and type, it never fails to surprise and impress us. Every drink tastes different from and better than Singapore's.
We always wanted to have a taste of the donuts there but were always full when we passed by.
Decided to take photos from outside the shop to pretend that we had gone in.
But we did have some donuts duing our last day there.
Some donuts were shaped like the one in the photo.
Love simba's innovative idea.
At Jing an station.
We were the last few in queue and was lucky that the bus came after 10 mins to fetch us. We guessed that the people who were first in line waited almost an hour. The bus' frequency was one per hour.
Based on what ling had told us, we took the e-go bus. The bus stop was located just outside the mrt. No sweat to find it at all.
The cute tickets.
After about 40 mins of travelling, we will have to alight to get the bus and theme park tickets. Both tickets total up to TWD700 (SGD31) per person. Not very ex right! U can spend the whole noon there. The theme park closes at 5 30pm.
We were napping in the comfy bus ride. I woke up with zest and took a photo of myself. lols.
I bought this blouse from wu fen pu. It actually has 3 layers. The v-neck shirt as the top layer, the inner pokka dot tank as the inner layer and the vest as the outer wear. I decided i didnt like it after i wore it since the combination didnt turn out so nice. I only brought 2 outfits along with me to taiwan since i will buy plenty there and wear them right away. Save some space for the luggage.
We were glad that we bought the tickets way beforehand at the bus information counter. If not, we would have to join the long queue outside the theme park.
I like the baby dino. So cute.
The first place we would get in touch with was the small park. I was so overwhelmed with excitement the moment i entered it.
The doreamon water bottles hung up and ready to be sold.
No comments:
Post a Comment