My colleague says I suffer from Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Do I?
Maybe u won't think so until u work with me. Lols. She said it can get more and more serious if I am unaware of it.
For your info from Wikipedia:
Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency.
The primary symptoms of OCPD can include preoccupation with remembering and paying attention to minute details and facts, following rules and regulations, compulsion to make lists and schedules, as well as rigidity/inflexibility of beliefs and/or exhibition of perfectionism that interferes with task-completion. Symptoms may cause extreme distress and interfere with a person's occupational and social functioning.
Okie, maybe a little! Lols. I think this disorder is contagious. Simba passes it to me! Haha!
Well.. I still think it's not hard to work with me. Hahaha. At least I hope so!
Oh no! I like a dress from ASOS. It costs ~SGD$250! I have to refrain myself from looking at it everyday at the web. Hahahaha! Good luck to me! (I promise myself and you my friend that I will save $1,000 per month, which is not considered difficult since I have income from giving tuition too.)
I have a very strong feeling about wanting to buy a book! "Hard Truths to keep Singapore Going". :D
Simba has been hurrying me to post an entry here. He said I haven't been faithfully blogging ever since I started working. So today he wanted me to go home early to blog for my faithful readers, you guys!
Working drains my energy away. Hahaha! But it has made me a much happier spender! Hahahaha! Here is how:
Went to the "Ruins of Titanic Exhibition" at the ArtScience Museum. It was fascinating, I tell u! I love every bit of it. Locals have a 15% discount. The entrance ticket for us Singaporeans is $20 instead of $24.
I only ate a little bit of my lunch and so we went for some cupcakes before going to the museum.
Simba took me to Twelve Cupcakes Cafe at Millenium Walk. Millenium Walk is one of Simba's favourite places to go since he used to work part time there and has since fall in love with that place. Sometimes, I think he's strange. Lols!

I chose the Rainbow Vanilla Cupcake. It was heavenly I promise!
I always have a prejudice against cupcakes and muffins. Simply said, I don't really like them. But in order to not turn down Simba's choice I decided to give it a try. And wow it didn't disappoint me.
One cupcake costs $3! Simba was considering about buying 11 of them back for his colleagues as xmas treats. Makes me wanna buy for mine too! Great xmas gift idea!



If u like it soft and creamy, u are just like me! U will love these cupcakes.

But the Iced Latte is kind of diluted. Try it at your own risk!
Love the colorful and happy menu.
;)

Nice high heels.
And we entered the exhibition. No photography was allowed in there. I was very disappointed. I brought an extra battery for my camera in case it runs out of one. I promised Simba not to break the rules but told him I will just hang the camera on my neck and may accidentally take one or two photos.
No one in the museum was taking photos and I didn't dare to at first. I secretly took a few photos using my iphone and showed Simba. He felt that I have violated the rules and kept telling me to delete them.

And after a while, I have mastered the courage of taking the camera hung over my neck and take this first shot. Of course Simba unwillingly posed for it. Lols.

This is the first class cabin of Titanic. Titanic was then the largest ship that was built and was aimed to provide the most luxurious facilites and sturdy structure for the passengers. It was claimed to be "practically unsinkable".
It looks very grand and impressive I must say. First class passengers at that time had to pay about $2,000 (about $500,000 current value). Only opulent people could afford such tremendous amount of money. Or should i say atrocious! I know, it's crazy.

While this is the third class cabin where 4 strangers slept together in the same cabin. It was cramped but still provided better facilities than the 3rd class cabins of other ships. Real mattresses were supplied instead of straws.
However, only 2 bathtubs were available and had to be shared among 700 third class passengers. Hence they resorted to bathing once a week.

The elegant staircase where first class passengers mingled on.

The hallway to many cabins.
Titanic sank on 15th April 1912.
Felt my eyes go watery when I read about the individual disaster victims.
There should be 32 lifeboats on board to cater to the 2,200 passengers but there were in fact only 16. And all the lifeboats weren't at full capacity when they sped off from Titanic. Many men died as priority to go into lifeboats was given to women and children. Many men waved goodbye to their wives and children while they stayed on board. 1,500 died while 700 survived. Laws were then enforced on giving training to the staff on dealing with cases like this and placing adequate lifeboats on board. This was a painful lesson to learn from.
The ruins left behind by the wreck was only recovered lately. Submarines were sent to the deep oceans and divers suffered hardships to dive in the deep seas which have little oxygen and light. I'm surprised that over 100 years, thousands of things were still properly conserved underwater. One of such is some perfume samples. They still have a strong scent even till now.



A kind tourist volunteered to help us with this photo! SO nice!



And another tourist volunteered to take few photos for us. He set different camera functions to suit the scenery. Wow! Some stranger knows my camera better than me.
Tourists are really nice!


Went to Singapore Flyer for dinner.

Had Bah Kut Teh. Tasted great!
Everything there has a vintage feel to it.

Look at the cup with such an oriental design!

He tried a new bottled drink. Tasted like chocolate milk though.

Yes, I'm not adventurous. Still Fanta Orange gives the safest taste.

Cute reindeer!

I have to do something silly by the end of the day. This necklace is what I bought as a sovenir from the Exhibition. This necklace was popular in the Titanic era and it costs $39! Omg! I'm a big spender.
Bought something in Titanic era for Miao as my xmas gift for her from this souvenir shop too!
I have bought 4 xmas gifts for my friends and spent about $120~ Faints! Still I had fun shopping for them. If u kept on searching, u will eventually find something they like. Cool!
Still 3 more gifts to go!
Merry Merry Xmas my dears!
No comments:
Post a Comment