Thursday, March 13, 2014

"Think about what you want, not what others want from you."




Something my ex-internship supervisor said to me tonight (Yea he still keeps in contact with me, he's so cool!).

It's nice to have someone listen to you once in a while. I find myself encouraging new friends (lol it's weird that some people whom I just got to know came to me with their problems) and guiding them through their problems, but don't feel comfortable talking to them about my insecurities. 

The moment he asked me, "How are you?", I began to flood the chat with my never-ending messages, knowing that he will offer some sound advice. I told him that I need to step out of my comfort zone to be more effective at work, and went on and on about it... My boss' expectations, the company culture, my awkwardness... blah blah blah...

And he casually said, "idk la, perhaps i older so wiser ma. I learnt something... Think about what you want, not what others want from you."

These words really hit me hard. Yea, how many of you and I are guilty of pleasing people all our lives that we forgot that we are actually living out our lives, that we play the main lead of our lives, and that, you and I, we, are writing our own destiny?

No comments: