Friday, September 26, 2014

random photos of solemnisation, well for me it never gets old.



Hi cuteness greeting you this wonderful weekend...

Hi this is Casey.




Photo by Andrew Tan, SOSD photography volunteer
Our recent rescue, Perri, who has been waiting in the shelter for a family.
Mood photography - Portrayal of so many emotions through a single picture. Perri looks so lost and sad - both her and her reflection.

I seriously think that the SOSD photographers should join National Geographic, to venture out in the wild and do naturalistic observation, capture some good moments and be famous! :)

The fellow volunteers decided to give me a break for a month or two for me to plan my wedding, but the break is officially over after I was assigned to 3 cases at one go!

Being a volunteer (or should I say a social worker for dogs) was definitely a huge step out of my comfort zone; navigating my way to strangers' houses, talking to strangers, and using my intuition to guess if the adopter/fosterer is sincere were undoubtedly not my kind of stuff.

I met dozens of nice adopters/fosterers, some of them even became my "assistants" (in taking dogs to vets and adoption drives) and friends; but of course since God is fair, I met difficult people as well. Sometimes I literally watched a "Korean" drama unfold right before my eyes; the mum demanding that I bring back the dog while the kids cry and cry over their mum's unreasonableness. These people gave me a hard time; I could be in the middle of work caught up on something when some fosterer called and said she couldn't handle the dog, blaming all her actions on the dog's misbehaviour, and demanded that I find another fosterer within his/her given time frame. Yesh, some people are that unreasonable; it's always the dog's fault. In the short time,  frame,  I find myself helplessly being coerced into a situation whereby I have to go around begging for someone to help me with the dog and these times are definitely the times where I want to fetch the dog home, sneak into my room with it, and give my parents a heart attack the following day.

So I can truly understand why my fellow volunteer when orientating new volunteers said this, "After you start volunteering, you find that dogs are much better than humans." LOL.

But how can I complain when the dogs assigned to me eventually found such good homes?
Evie has gone to Switzerland with adopter Anna, and Anna said Switzerland is very dog-friendly; you are allowed to bring your dog everywhere, to the trains, to shopping malls etc.
Evie loves it there, so blessed - the 14 flight hours in a container in a plane must have been daunting for Evie but it was all worth it. :)



Yuko, another blessed dog with her family.
I was with Yuko this adoption drive and this family followed us wherever we go. LOL.

The dogs blessed me; they are an inspiration. They love and protect their family more than anything else in this world; their family is their whole world. 



I wanna blog with Androidsinboots' photos when they are ready, but they aren't ready yet, so I'm going to just post random photos of the solemnisation while waiting!

Will and Wilson at work. The pair of brothers had on the shoes of the same brand.
Jun Wen's dad at work in the background too, endeavouring to help retain most memories for us. Haha!
The infinity pool really made the whole backdrop stand out; there were no railings to block what's behind.


With several blocks of flats behind us.
And soon after this shoot, his dad advised Wilson not to take photos from this angle as the view behind us is not scenic enough lol. But as you know, I went ahead to engage AndroidsinBoots as they are very renowned for their vintage shots; (I mean, look at Will; he dressed like he lived in the 60s!) so I trust that the old flats will serve as a perfect vintage setting!

His tie is so cute right! It was pre-tied by the bridal studio coordinators and looks like what some prince in the fairy tales would wear.

My crystal bouquet and his brooch were in matching colours.
Trying my best to look Grecian; I chose blue as the base colour and champagne as the secondary colour, his was also blue but he wanted his secondary colour grey.

My colleague who saw the photos said, "Wah lau, can see that you make good use of your bouquet, you carry it in every photo!!!"
Hahahahaha!


Solemnisation table. Thanks Shixing/Mao for this photo! 
I love its contrast with the background of the museum.
Thanks Ling for placing my ornaments in appropriate positions, I love the way they are placed!
The frame made by JunWen, and the wedding rabbits pre-ordered by us from Nex, (Simba adamantly wanted the veil to cover the girl rabbit's eyes as he thought it was funny -_-").
The bouquet of flowers provided by the bridal studio was placed most of the time on the table and it works wonders in adorning the otherwise plain table.

The mass of fresh flowers placed right in the middle of the table that was provided by Naumi Hotel was one of the first things I awed at when I stepped into the bar-turned-solemnization presence, and I love that it doesn't clash with my personal decorations haha. 

Photo taken by Jun Jie. 
This photo is a must-show 'cause Jun Wen's mum thinks I look great with some sadness as I unintentionally brought out the emotions and highlights of the event.
"You were holding onto the crystal bouquet even after the march-in and was even crying with your hands tightly gripped onto it???"
Hahaha, sorry la - My first time getting married; I was so nervous I really didn't know I was holding onto the bouquet all the time.
The video Jun Jie recorded of us while JunWen recited his vows vividly showed me wavering in the direction of the wind.
Omg, I'm so sorry Androids; I has always been so awkward in whatever I do - but I trust that your video editing skills is top-notch! ;)

To do more justice to the crystal bouquet, here is a close-up shot of it taken by the vendor.
Crystal bouquet from BLACKaccessories.
The bow was plain blue but I added lace details onto it! Nice right!


His brooch at a closer look.
Grey and blue actually go very well together!





Found this in my camera after the solemnisation. LOL.
My bridesmaids, what were you doing?
Need some help? Dropped something in the pool?


No comments: