Happy Teachers' Day!
I received a Teachers' Day present from my tutee.
She gave me her widest smile, handed me the present which she hid from her back and shouted,
"HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY!"
I got a fright from her screams.
I havent try the sweets/chocolates yet. Will share them with u all if i get to go out with u guys. I was very touched when her mum said, "Thanks for teaching my kid. I know teaching her is a challenge, and it hasn't been easy."
She got full marks for her mock test & 47.5/5o for her CA. Her mum and i marvelled at her grades. lols. I got lucky. Sometimes, parents think it's my fault when their kids didn't improve. Other times, they think it's me when their kids improve. Actually, it really depends on the kids on whether they are willing to learn and do well for their tests.
Thank you Joanna, u worked hard!
Whenever people asked if my tutee is well-behaved, i will shake my head and sigh. lols. Then i will reply, "She not only climbed over my head, but stepped hard and walked numerous rounds on it." LOLS!
There were many times i have to coax her to do her corrections, read her passage for me, play mind games with her (read what she is thinking and understand her).
"Why must i do corrections?"
"Because u are such a diligent student and u have improved so much from doing corrections. U do them so that u can improve even more."
(I just hate myself so much for saying that cos i am giving her such a standard answer. When i was in Primary 2, i hated corrections too.)
She will be so bursting with pride and willingly do her corrections.
And every lesson i have to think of how to get her to do the things i want her to do. I have to change ways to 'pour' her.
"I believe u will be better than me in your university grades when u grow up. U've got potential, girl." Cant stand myself being such a 'pourer'.
People lick their bosses' boots, and i lick my tutee's boots. Jialat lehs! I figured that was the only way to make her study harder. Very jian i know.
Got this 'sugar bunny' from Macdonalds happy meal.
My tutee will always attempt to scare me the moment i enter her house. But just last lesson, she opened the door and waved so hard with the same sugar bunny held on her wrist.
Her show off attempt failed when i showed her mine too. lols! It is hung on my bag.
She told me it will be the pink one next week. So gonna get the pink one.
Happy Meal next week!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment