Sunday, January 29, 2012

CNY 2012 at Granny's House

Hope u guys had a nice CNY!

If our application for Parkland Residences is successful (keeping fingers crossed), I would have to return Jun Wen's dad $500 per month (for 5 years). Jun Wen and I would be paying his dad back by installments for the down payment, which is $45k cash. (Yea, the 4-room flat is ~$550k.) And by Mar 2012, I could only save $500 per month. Omg. Maybe I should do some investments, maybe next year!



No one else except me was in the lab last week. The colleagues had all taken leave. Lol.

Colleague helped me with my experiment last last week though.
He diluted one chemical compound by a factor of 2 each time and placed them into cuvettes. And look at the nice colours that were produced. Cool isn't it!

Photobucket






Yesterday Simba came to my house for CNY visit, and gave my mum this hamper:


Photobucket

Front view of the hamper.
Lol! I was teasing him to buy a hamper for my mum as I wanted to see his shocked and unwilling expression. But he really bought it! He carried this hamper from Nex to my house, with many eyes on him on his way here.


Photobucket

Back view of the hamper.


My first day of CNY:



Photobucket

After having KFC at Nex, we went to paternal granny's house very early this year. In past years, we would go to maternal granny's house for lunch steamboat before going to paternal granny's for dinner steamboat. But maternal granny has passed away and so parents decided to go for fast food lunch in future years. Mum said maybe her brother will invite us next year to his house. :D

This is granny's house. Always lots of food on the table. She would always offer us lots of them from time to time.



Photobucket

Like any other CNY, we would get a little bored watching TV and eating the CNY goodies. So thank God for data plan, we would use our phones to surf the net.




Photobucket


One of the decorations we helped to put up on New Year's Eve.



Photobucket


We had 2 tables for steamboat dinner. Each family has to take turns since the table wouldn't be big enough.





Photobucket



After dinner, it was photo time! Cousin Angela, now 19, suggested that we should take our photo taking session outside granny's house at the balcony since the background is nicer.



Photobucket

Thanks to my camera and the coincidental cooperative lightings, they said the photo looked like it was taken from some photo studio. Look at how the lighting shone down on Cousin!

Left to Right: Younger brother (23 yrs old), me (25), Angela (19), Li Jing (27), Clarrissa (9), Bernita (16), Elder brother (28).

Although Angela and I are both having the same height and weight, she looks thinner. Lol. Perhaps my weighing scale is lying to me! And yea, my dress is abit tight. LOL. (Note to self: I shouldn't always try to buy a size smaller than I am.)






Photobucket

Guang Yi (14) and Guang Zhi (12).
The balcony photo was taken by cousin, Guang Yi, (Yea, same name as my younger brother). He and his brother, Guang Zhi were playing their PSPs at the stairs. They were too shy to mingle with the rest. Lol.

When I asked them to take photos with us, they didn't want to since they thought we aren't as cool as them. Lol. Kids nowadays. Yes, they pierced their ears. They have GFs too. Omg! Their skin complexions are dark as they are half Thais.




Photobucket

On New Year's Eve, Cousin Li Jing brought along a bottle of white wine to share with us. And on New Year's Day itself, Daddy and my 2 other uncles brought wines too. So altogether there were 3. Lol.
They the brothers think alike.




Photobucket

Uncle poured the wine into cups and wasted some! :(







Photobucket

Cousin Bernita said she wanted to spam her Facebook photos so she asked me to take more photos of her. Aunt always tries to rush into the photo. And this photo was ruined.



Photobucket

Angela and Bernita got influenced by Li Jing and now love getting their nails painted. Lol.
Caught up with both of them and got to know that Bernita has matured. She has began to study really hard and only slept 6 hours a day! Her teacher has confidence that she will top the class. Lol.
Angela, now in JC, on the other hand, was not too motivated. When I asked her what course she wanted to take in Uni, she said she might not be able to go there so she hasn't really thought of it. She reckoned that she was quite slack. Lol.




Photobucket

The 3 wines my uncles and Dad brought.
Dad's wine was a dessert wine. We bought it from Wine Connection at Nex. I thought it tasted the best. It has at least a sweeter taste compared to the other two. Although I heard Uncle's wine is much more expensive. Lol.






Photobucket


They were saying Bernita is becoming to look more and more like Li Jing. Lol. And Bernita seemed very worried.



Photobucket

Omg. Look at Dad acting cute.
Clarrissa was in the background, further away from us, as she was very angry at her sisters ignoring her.



Photobucket

And before they went home, we asked Granny to pose for photos with us. She became a star.





Photobucket




Photobucket

Younger bro is still growing taller. Lol. He used to be one of the shortest in his class.
I looked like a national flag. :D


Photobucket

Me, my awkward smile, and my very kind granny.



Photobucket


This was one special effect fom my camera. I think it was too close up so it turned out to be very white and cui. Lol. Li Jing likes high angled shots so that our double chins will not be obvious.



And that was the first day of CNY!




And this was what I wore on the 2nd day of CNY:



Photobucket


A dress with abit of cheongsam details. Love it lots.
:D

No comments: