I'm engaged on 25th Aug 2013. Thanks for all the heartwarming msgs! I'm truly touched by all of them. :D
Posted a photo of my ring on Instagram on 27th Aug in the hotel when I got access to the precious WiFi, and left the hotel room for more shopping! When I got to the airport and had unrestricted WiFi access, I saw 30+ msgs each in the Whatsapp group chats involving me and the Sec Sch friends, and me and the poly friends.
First person to see this was Miao's boyfriend I suppose since he pushed the "Like" button first. Soon, Miao announced it on our group chat, and everyone else logged into Instagram to check out the photo and my caption.
Then later in the afternoon, Daniel saw it and the friends I knew from poly knew too. (Stole this pic from Daniel since he took a screenshot of it and send it to our group chat.)
Simba loves it simple; mine is a round brilliant cut, with a prong ring setting (4 prongs) to cradle the diamond. :D
I'm still contemplating whether I should post the photos on Facebook since it's kind of too public, so I would post them here first and tell my story with it as vividly as possible. :D
The first clue came when I (accidentally) saw an obvious decrease in his bank account savings about a week after he got his bonus. Although I could not fathom why he gave all of his bonus to his parents, I believed him! How much more gullible can I get??
Next, on the week before our trip to KL, he booked advanced tickets to sightseeing at the Petronas Towers, as well as a reservation at Marini's on 57, a restaurant at the 57th floor of the 3rd tower from which u can view the twin towers. I was like "Wow did he change his name from Mr Last Minute to Mr Eager?" LOL! Also, in our casual Whatsapp chat where we usually fill the space with scoldings or sarcasm, he asked out of the blue, "Do you really wanna marry me?" My suspicions started from there, and my sub-conscious told me to be more wary of his actions and reactions.
Then he repeated a few times to tell me to put together my best outfit as we would be heading to a classy restaurant and we don't wanna look like we don't belong there. "Wear as if you are attending a prom" were his exact words.
And then came the day where we were at the back seat of a cab and he said he lost so much weight that his fingers became bony and took my fingers for a super rough gauge. I was thinking, "Oh trying to estimate the circumference of the finger hoping to get the ring size right?" Lol.
But of course, I didn't read too much into everything that I have analysed thus far, since it still seemed so incredulous to me, until my suspicions were pretty much confirmed by PH when I told her that he wants to take me to the restaurant and told me to dress up specially for it.
Looks can be deceiving. His sincere wide-open eyes belie the liar in him. Simba loves to lie so much that even when he's exposed he continues to lie. This is what we call 睁着眼睛说瞎话。This time, firstly not to be a wet blanket, and secondly to test his mettle (on how determined he is gonna to lie his way through), I decided not to expose him and just play along, faking a surprised expression when I have to. LOL!
That day I had fun playing him. First, when he brought along his briefcase to visit the Petronas Towers, I asked, finishing the sentence with a smirk across my face, "Oh why do you need to bring your briefcase? Your wallet and phone are with me." And his response was, "Oh we are going to have our fine dining, and I thought having a briefcase adds to the impression." Lol.
As the observatory tower is a popular attraction among the tourists there, we had to either be punctual for our appointment with the tour guide or be late and forgo the opportunity to go up there and miss the fantastic view of the city. We lost our way in the tower while looking for the registration counter, and doubted that we could make it in time, but to our relief we were just in time for registration, thanks to the security guard who gave a set of clear instructions. (Not a single sign in the mall that could lead us to the counter, the directions given by the concierge staff weren't clear enough and only a particular flight of stairs could take us there so if we miss it, we could never get to the desolate basement.)

We managed to take some photos before we took the elevator to the skybridge at the 41st floor and the top of the skyscraper at the 86th floor.
Miniature model of the towers.

Are we seeing double? Double Simba, Double tower.
We were asked to deposit our bags at the Bag Deposit Counter before we were allowed to ride the elevator. Without a vestige of politeness, the staff asked Simba tactlessly, "Sir, what's in your bag?" Lol! Poor Simba who was caught by surprise, clutched onto his bag tightly and responded, "Nothing much, nothing much." I could clearly see him silently heave a sigh of relief when the staff didn't question him further when depositing his bag.
The black lanyard that we wore was to distinguish ourselves with the other group of tourists, so that the staff know who to chase away when it is time to go back.

Me at the tower connector on the 41st floor. The exact copy of this skybridge is on the 42th floor but isn't open for the public. Rather, it is used as the bridge for the employees to conveniently transport goods between the towers.

An enhanced image of the top view of Petronas mall's entrance!
At the entrance of the sheltered skybridge. His shirt and pants were definitely not run-of-the-mill; see how much they fit them perfectly. So on top of all these careless hints that he has dropped, adding onto my suspicions was the fact that he was wearing tailored long-sleeved shirt and pants. When I asked him why, he said, "Oh buying tailor made clothes is a must do thing for every guy who goes to Bangkok." Oh really?


I tried to be as inconspicuous as I could; blending in with the other people as much as possible, so that he won't propose on such a crowded touristy bridge or I would die of embarrassment. Did I tell you that he wasn't the only stressed person that day, I was also pretty stressed out from my whirling mind, filled with thoughts on where he would finally pop the question? I was practically praying that he wouldn't do it in front of so many strangers whom we may only see once in our lifetime.
But the attempt to be inconspicuous was in vain after a tourist volunteered to take a photograph of us on the bridge.

Too bad my hair's black roots were sprouting out and so obvious in every photograph. Sigh. I got the hint too late so there wasn't enough time to re-dye my hair to prepare for the proposal. Well, anyway, a proposal wouldn't be called one if the girl had the time to prepare for it, agree?
More enhanced photos of the views of the city:




The fast shutter speed didn't fail me at all; I managed to capture a shot of the fountain when the water was competing against gravity.

With the facade of the other tower behind me. (Top of Tower one is a prohibited area btw).
With the lanyard, I felt like an employee belonging to the tower.

He wanted to touch the tip of the bank building, but with my "clear" direction, his finger pierced through it.

Awkward.

Yup, I wore sneakers into the classy restaurant later on to save myself from the trouble of balancing on high heels and stressing my knees into something I wasn't really prepared for. Saving high heels for the wedding then~

And we were guided to the elevator once again to catch a glimpse of the breathtaking view from the skyscraper's 86th floor!
Petronas twin towers, Tower 1.
It's so magnificent and even more so at night (will post photos of it at part 2 of my entry).

Sitting on top of the city. Too bad the lighting wasn't in my favour.

In the heart of all the display panes where we can enjoy a majestic view of the city is a small gallery to get to know a bit of the towers.
Simba picked the perfect time for us watch a beautiful sunset from there.
Obvious isn't it?
The giant and the tower.
Holding the pouch I got from Korea which was used to contain all my ringgit, since my bag was forbidden to travel 86 floors with me.
This maxi dress which was picked to be the formal dress that Simba emphasised on, must have made him disappointed. I really didn't think much of it when I went through my wardrobe, so I randomly picked one. Anyway, maxi dresses can't go too wrong right? I need to use it to cover my sneakers too. Love the cardigan which goes well with this dress; I got lucky when I found it at a shop at Times Square just when we were about to leave.
Love how the clouds encircled the tower and how the sky enveloped it as if it were in its embrace.
He was bent on producing an evidence of both of us who have been to the top of the skyscraper, so we waited patiently for someone who wasn't hurriedly rushing to get into the elevator to help us with a picture.
Yup, the bag wasn't formal too, but it was the most presentable out of all backpacks I have. (A shoulder bag is still a bane of my life and with it I would lean on my right even more.)
And a random photo of us riding the escalator back to the 1st floor of the Petronas mall.
Will try to blog Part 2 asap. Thanks for reading dears!
















No comments:
Post a Comment