My new students are just so irresistibly adorable; I have that compulsion to steal them all home! One of them reminds me of a cartoon character (I just can't pinpoint out who), one who is passionate, nerdy and a Mr. Know-It-All, and who always talks non-stop, oblivious of the bored people that unfortunately surround him at that time.
Simba and I are heading to Kuala Lumpur from 25th to 27th Aug, and we are in such high spirits thinking about all the shopping and eating but tensed at the same time since it's Malaysia we're going and it could go very wrong if we aren't careful! Bits of our itinerary include shopping at Times Square and dinners at No Black Tie and Marini's on 57! Marini's on 57 is well-known for its convivial ambience and excellent customer service, and best of all its view of the Petronas Twin Towers.
Before I get started with my trip to Petite France (Seoul), I wanna advocate the goodness of a drink I ordered from Bangkok Jam (am always a big fan of Thai food) and it is the green mango shake with mint.
And I instagramed! Before you judge me on being so behind times, I wanna clarify that I did sign up for Instagram when it first started but I forgot my password (Again, my love-hate relationship with my absent-mindedness) and couldn't log in back. I even used Jun Wen's email to create an account but just couldn't remember the password too. And I gave up... until I recalled it like few days back.

My first Instagram photo was a picture of the angry hungry man at Chomp Chomp. Finally got down there to eat my fill of stingrays, sotongs, bbq chicken wings and satays!
Petite France II
We wandered to the Play House after the drizzle came haunting us once more.
A stamp of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry imprinted on it. In the effort to reminisce his reputable poetic tale The Little Prince which was elaborated in watercolours, he was too illustrated in watercolours.
We found table football in the room that looks rather disorganised and antiqued, as if it to preserve the condition from the past.

This pin ball table kept us busy for 10 minutes, as we tried hard to win the highest valued prize! How hard you hit the ball will affect your chance of winning, and to get the precision in the amount of strength to apply, you would require tons of practice before you finally get the hang of it (unless you are lucky of course).
A clothes hanger/drawer that allows you to first drape your coat over and then keep your necklaces and ear rings into the moment you get home. An invention perfect for women!

What caught my attention were these ornaments which look somewhat like Scots Guards, to embellish the otherwise plain boring window panes.
Having exited from the Play House, we approached another roofed structure that stands tall in front of us, which turns out to be a small gallery cum cafe. The cafe, which is at the 2nd floor was at that moment vacant though I saw good reviews of it on some blogs, one of which envisioned some Korean wedding proposals to be held at the window seats since a view from seats like that overlook the whole of Petite France.
China plates up to greet gazes of awe.
The one pan I particularly like. Who would actually fry eggs with this, when it is just meant as part of your home deco?
Me who always jump at every opportunity to take a self-portrait. This time it was the dressing table which took the foreground.
Horse riding on a bike when it used to be a form of transportation for ancient humans. Technology has since advanced to the stage where houses ride on bicycles to keep their hooves clean and free from wear and tear.
A bed of colourful plants which brighten up moods.
Being inept on tracking which way I have come from, and which way I have to go next, I followed the trail set by these beds of plants and it led us to a house filled with costumes which can be rented for photo-taking purposes.
Nobody was there to help us with the procedure of renting the costumes and we were too afraid to try them on having read the threatening notice situated above these costumes. The notice that tells us to "experience cautions" and delivers a stern admonition not to damage its clothing. The most frightening of all is its use of English; so chim we could barely understand one sentence!
PH and I tried deciphering the whole bunch of sentences but got even more confused from it.
Found love locks too, and they were attached to a heart-shaped structure somewhere in Petite France. Love this photo that tells of a distinction between the focused bells close-up and the blurred out ones at a distance.
Always fascinated by teapots since they are short and stout just like me!
Wanna collect them all but nah they are too extravagant a hobby.

A collection of different welcome signs to hang at your door.
Open midway through the rooster's body and you find a space to hold your accessories. Ornaments can be of use too.
And then it's time for me to spook you out with pictures of creepy puppets and dolls.



I would gladly bag this ornament home if it was for sale. Love this plump lady wearing short tarzan-like dress sitting at the edge of the glass cabinet looking confident.

A picture of me taken in the background was definitely not unintentional. Lol.

Explored also a photo studio that takes portraits of you and your family or friends on our way out.
It was pouring near the end of our tour in Petite France, and the hope of touring Nami Island was vanished like a fart in the wind. :(



















No comments:
Post a Comment