Saturday, February 19, 2011

CNY River Hongbao

Need to start on my FYP report and revise for my upcoming quiz!

My last lap as a student ;) I went to the Career Fair but didn't know what to do as my career! Omg! U know, my hard disk crashed and it has given me lots of problems. My resume is in hard copy and so yesterday Simba helped me type into soft copy again. We couldn't scan it cos it was marked by my Professional Communication tutor.


Seems like they offer either research or corporate (HR, PR...) for my course. Engineering is stated as kind of hard for us since they want a pure degree of engineering! Oh no! Let's me just slack for awhile and think about it. Perhaps a part time job at KOI so that I can learn some bubble tea making skills. Lols! They offer $4.80 per hour. Pathetic but just wanna learn something! Maybe a salesgirl at pull & bear? Then I can learn to professionally sell clothes. Hopefully in years to come I can manufacture my own clothes and sell online!

Many of my bioengineering friends applied for the Hospital Executive at SGH or TTSH. Sounds great to be in management as soon as u graduate! Maybe I copy them lols! I like healthcare.

I kind of like the National Heritage Board! Work for few years before being an archaeologist! Then I will be finding dinosaurs' bones ;) U know i'm a very shy person (LOL) so i am too shy to approach the booth but Bi Han helped me ask haha. So nice!

Simba is interested in the Agri-Tech and Vegetation Agency. The advertisements were "If u love food and animals, u are welcome to join us!" He can be a researcher to study on animals and take care of plants.

Too bad there isn't an Online Shopping Executive post! Xiang once asked me to find 30 ntu students and set up a CCA "shopping" in NTU haha! Then I will have hostel to stay in since I am the chairman. All I do is find out the latest fashion trends, get some discount coupons and hold some talks on dressing up! Dont think I am up to it!

One of my photos in my fyp report!


Photobucket
Simba under cuff ;p Maybe have to take another photo cos it shows Simba's shirt and shorts.

;) Need to backtrack my posts a little to CNY!

Photobucket

Dinner at Hans' in the Bugis National Library. I like the lemon tea, the melon and the garlic bread. But the spaghetti may require some improvement to be done.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Simba's army fren told him that he would be going to Chingay & he wanted to go too. We went down the road to watch the Chingay vehicles (Eh.. Do we call them vehicles or what?). The people who bought the tickets were guided to go a different route.
The first vehicle we caught sight was this! With the God of Fortune on it. I mean lots of Gods of Fortune. lols.


Photobucket

Now the vehicle has the head of the God on it.



Photobucket

Took ages to take this photo. There were too many people passing by.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The Buddha statue in the vehicle

Photobucket


Photobucket

Really crowded. Lots of people taking photos.

Photobucket

These performers were so excited. They ran from point to point to have their photos taken by us.


Photobucket

Many horse carriages.

Photobucket


Photobucket

He insisted on having the horse head's photo taken.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

We were surprised to see many Caucasians and other races there. They were all here to celebrate this special festive season with us the Chinese.

Photobucket


Photobucket

We saw this event going on nearby the bridge. It is the River Hongbao 2011! We were so lucky that once we reached, we were in a prefect position to watch the fireworks! ;) We didn't know there would be fireworks displays ;p They caught us by surprise! They were just right in front of us. Cool!



Photobucket

Nice view.



Photobucket







Photobucket

I love Museums :P
The nicest rabbit i can find there haha.




Photobucket

I wonder why simba chose the female rabbit and i chose the male one automatically!
Suaidah commented on my facebook that she also took a photo with the male rabbit only lols.



Photobucket

waited long for this photo to be taken. The rabbit is famous in this rabbit year.
Fireworks displays come up too! We didn't plan to see it but the view from River Hongbao was just right for us to enjoy them!



Photobucket


Photobucket

The huge Singapore stamp. Does it really exist?




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




We also saw the small funfair. :P
We didn't buy any tickets to play the games since each game costs $4.
We bought the new flavoured ice creams ad my favourite candy floss though.



Photobucket

The CNY caps. We saw an angmoh wear it. It's weird to see angmohs wearing shirts with Chinese characters. While we want to be like them by dying our hair blonde, gold or red, they wanna be like us!




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The new water game! The kids look like hamsters. They roll in that big 'bubble'! Simba said it's unfair that we didn't get to play in such an innovation in our time.


Photobucket

Simba said my little cousin's photo with the distorted face is classic. He tried to copy her. :P

No comments: