Sunday, January 13, 2013

Makeover + New Hair Color



Hi dears, here is me faithfully reporting to my blog again lol!

I love CNY mostly because online stores always come up with oriental collections at this period; it's like a feast for the eyes. Of course oriental would equate directly to Cheongsam dresses and traditional Cheongsam dresses being silky, shiny and fanciful are kind of exaggerative and abit auntish (learnt this Singlish word from a friend and thought it's so cool) to wear for house visits so online stores manufacture Cheongsams with modern embellishment on them. And I really really love them!

Talking 'bout online stores, here's to again tell you something I did today. As I have mentioned in many of my previous posts, some hot favourite items on online stores were sold out in split seconds after the top/dress/skirt got released on their page. Simba wanted to go to Thomson Plaza today for dinner and I agreed with a little reluctance since I needed to be home by 8 30pm for the launch of one online collection. Lol. Though I decided to just use the 3G network in iPhone 4 to help me navigate through the site if I'm not home by 8 30pm, I knew that I could never win the girls who were waiting at home and using their speedy WiFi to place their orders. 

It was 8 30pm and we were in the shuttle bus heading back to Simba's house. The page took about a minute to finish loading and another for me to load it into the cart. I grew impatient, my pulse went 3 times faster and my hands went cold while waiting, and Simba offered his 4G network. I took his iPhone 5 and started loading the page. Again it wasn't loading fast enough prolly due to heavy traffic, and by 8 34pm (definitely not exaggerating), the Floral Brocade Cream Pleated Dress I've been waiting for was sold out! :( Simba, having witnessed for the first time something online that could be sold out that fast, was utterly dumbfounded. After a few moments of silence, he burst out laughing until tears were seen in his eyes. I guess the reason he laughed so hard was that he couldn't understand how much an avid shopper I am. Lol.
I knew I couldn't compete with the girls who stayed at home at 8 30pm and started refreshing the page from 8 28pm, so for the next 2 Thursdays when Amber Avenue launches its oriental collections, I will stay at home and guard the page! IT'S WAR TIME!


For those going through a heartbreak, maybe a makeover will be nice for you to find a better inner self and gain more confidence in appealing to the opposite gender. :D Wishing you lots of luck on finding your more suitable half after putting in more effort in your appearance!

KP came to ask me for a makeover last week and we went shopping after work to give him something to fill into his near empty wardrobe. He portrayed gravest sincerity in becoming a more stylish person by setting aside a generous budget to get new clothes and shoes!

We went to Topman and Pull & Bear and got 2 pairs of jeans, 1 t-shirt, 1 polo tee, 1 shirt and 1 pair of shoes for just $400! 2 of these items were on sale at Pull & Bear, and we got them for $49.90 each! Gonna drag Simba there for some clothes snatching time soon!
I really had fun spending others' money lol. I even pulled out the cash from his wallet for him, counted them and presented them to the cashier with outstretched arms while he felt his heart ache literally. Lol.




Here's a walkthrough for his outfit:

All from Pull & Bear:
Fine Line Checkered shirt at $49.90 (on sale)
Slim Fit jeans at $49.90 (on sale)
Loafers at $149 (new arrival)




Simba said KP has the height and a slim figure, making him a good candidate as a model. :D
I thought it's a waste that he didn't work his figure to his advantage. If he was more attentive to what he wore for the past 20 years, maybe he is a more confident guy now. :D



Here's flooding you with pictures of Simba and I getting new hair colours in preparation for CNY:




I didn't really change my expressions as I was focused in hitting the "Snap" button of the phone's camera but Simba changed as many as he could manage.
iPhone 5's front camera is alot less grainy than iPhone 4's. I was really impressed by the pictures Miao took in USS with her iPhone 5. :D




Do you have friends who only take photos with their left/right side of their faces?
I tried it out and finally understood why. Lol. A side view photo makes the face appear slimmer (i think).














I'm a worrywart. I worry alot about his health every moment of the day. Hoping that his weight gain is really nothing serious. :) 


No comments: