Friday, May 29, 2015

More of Portugal




When I'm back to work next week, I've got to come up with something to share with my colleagues. By that, I meant not just food and souvenirs, but something I've learnt from the conference, some insights that the team can gain and improvise on our current practice. Haha! 

And the good doctor asked me to present the work to our nursing homes through our videoconferencing system.

Life's hard :~(.


Thank god I stayed awake throughout the conference. Simba was tormented by it; he was "fishing a big fish" half the time. Next time if you want to torture Mr Tan for some reason, bring him to a conference (which is of no interest to him) or a musical. 




The moment I landed in SG, the first worry was the overwhelming emails. I started clearing (can't use the word 'reply') them, which was a bad idea apparently. Hahahaha! Manager then realized that I am back, and asked about how the trip and conference were, and whether I won the Best Paper Award.



See my reply to her:

"The trip was great! Portugal is a nice place to stay in – nice food, nice people, nice weather, nice scenery. I did a lot of sightseeing! I have attached some photos of the places I went to.

Conference was good. :) I met mainly Portuguese, Germans, Italians, and Koreans.

Hahaha! Didn’t get best paper. The others are just too good!

Best paper was awarded to “Reminiscence Map: Insights to design for people with dementia from a tangible prototype” by Dr. Huldtgren from Germany. Dr Huldtgren presented a map she did for a nursing home resident with mild dementia. The map is interactive; it can record the resident’s life history and show where the resident went to at certain parts of her life.


What made my day was that one of the conference chairs came up to me personally and said he read our work and that it is very interesting!"


And sent her these photos:
 Convent of Christ, Tomar (1)

 Convent of Christ, Tomar (2)
And of course, the Simba would act as if he was Sadako.


  Jeronimos Monastery (1)


Jeronimos Monastery (2)


Then after sending out this email, I realized that I didn't send her any photos of the conference. 

Okay, don't judge me, my dear friends! It's just that intrinsic nature in me that conference is secondary, and sightseeing is primary! :D


No comments: