Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bangkok Dolls Museum



Hi dears!
Recently I am having the mood to blog. Perhaps because I am in a break from experiments and the poster for the upcoming conference is almost done! :D

If u haven read my blog since last week, u need to click on "Older Posts" after this entry. There are two more posts newly blogged this week!


The last time I blogged I wrote about a seafood restaurant a cab driver recommended us with.
After which, we went to Khao San Night Market! It's really a busy market with lots of night life. :D One big tourist attraction. Getting there by cab from our hotel was far and the cab drivers quoted higher prices at night.




Photobucket

JW in the midst of the crowd at Khao San Night Market.
I think I didn't patronize here the last 2 times I came to Bangkok. We followed Daniel's itinerary.
This time I did my homework and here we are!





Photobucket

We wanted to try the KFC in Bangkok but didn't have the fate to. Lol. But I guess since we are going back next year to shop like mad again, we will not miss that chance.



Photobucket


:D





Photobucket

One of the bars at the night market.
I seem to spot alot of Caucasians at bars wherever I go. Vietnam, Hong Kong, Thailand, Langkawi... They really do have alot of night life.




Photobucket

There are cart stores selling breezers along the way. Thought it was really cool. It's only 80 baht ($3+) for one bottle! No wonder I kept seeing the Caucasians there carrying a bottle each drinking as if they were water.


Photobucket



Tuk-tuk. Like the vibrant colours of very tuk-tuk.





Photobucket





And they like to put vulgar words in their signboards to attract tourists.
This is really vulgar. Omg.


We get to have free buffet hotel breakfast the next morning(27/04, my birthday!). But because I took ages to prepare, we only reached the restaurant at 9 30am when the buffet ends at 10am! Lol.
Hence, there wasn't much food left.


We had some leftovers:

Photobucket

Sausages with Cauliflowers.




Photobucket

Chicken with Bean-sprouts.


Photobucket

Egg with fried dumplings.




Photobucket

His hair is so messy. He gel it up and thought it was nice.
LOL!
It's weird that whenever he has neat and flat hair, he would say, "My hair is so messy!" And what he did was to fluff it up and make it messier and then exclaimed that the messier hair is better.

No wonder they say men are from Mars!





Photobucket

Cereals that we wouldn't miss in every overseas trip!






Photobucket


I was pleased with how this picture turned out to be.
Don't u think that you have better complexion every morning, after a good night's sleep?
This dress cost me 220 baht, which is like $8 only! :D





Photobucket





Photobucket


We were all ready to go out after I changed my clothes and put on a "headband". I bought the bag from Khao San Night Market for just SGD4! Omg. Although it looks like those I bought from Vietnam, but I think it has a Thai feel to it! Know why? The prints on the bag are elephants!




Photobucket

Took photos of our hotel lobby before we head out.
U can play PS2 games here.



Photobucket

My blouse is from LoveandBravery. It is omg awesomely nice!
My shorts is 100 baht (SGD4) from a cart store in Pratunum area. It's so pretty! It has 2 nautical buttons, which are covered by my blouse. Lol.


Pui Haan said my dress sense is similar to Peggy Chang, a famous Singaporean blogger. She thinks I dress weirdly! Lol. I went browsing through her blog and I have to admit I like her dress style cos it's similar to mine! I seem to have some of her clothes too (Okie la, maybe she bought some branded ones but I bought brand-inspired ones).





Photobucket

You can play pool at the hotel too!

By the way, did I mention that I saw Yong Sheng (NTU friend) and Shin Yi (Poly friend) in Bangkok?!! It's not just a small Singapore, it's a small small world! But I am not that surprised since many many of us Singaporeans like to go Bangkok especially during this period.





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket


Photobucket

A vintage weighing machine outside 7-11. Throw in 10 baht and know your weight. Simba asked me to try but it cheated me of 20 bath in total. Almost threw in a punch at it. Lol.



Photobucket

As our hotel is somewhere in an alley of Pratunum, we would walk along the area where many street hawkers were situated.
This is one of them selling Phai Thai. I challenged Simba to take street food but he wouldn't budge. Grrrr!
I realised that he really treasure his life better than me. I am the one who wants to eat street food, and also the one who initiated taking a 12 hour bus to Langkawi, while he stopped me all the time.





Photobucket


Photobucket

Bought this Barley Milk Tea as morning drink from 7-11.
It's really unique and nice ok!


Photobucket


Must take a close pic to recommend this to u!




Photobucket


We walked around and finally came across the Pratunum Wholesale Market. We didn't find it in Day One.
This is a disgustingly cheap market too. Lol. But u need to buy 2 or more to get more discount. I ended up buying 2 dresses of similar designs but of different colours in a store just to get a 30 baht discount. Each dress only cost SGD3! U can see how crazy and energetic I was going from store to store!




And after some shopping, we hailed a cab to take us to the Bangkok Dolls Museum! :D
Many cab drivers didn't know how to get there and so gave us up. Until we found one who said he knew how to get there. Lol. He tricked us since he kept asking for directions from other people along the way. But we were relieved that he finally found it in some village-like area.

Seemed like this museum didn't have many visitors. I saw some positive reviews about it so decided to put it in our itinerary.


Photobucket


The whole place was dark and we wondered if it was open. It turned out that they were saving electricity. Once we entered the "museum" (I put an quote to it since it wasn't really a museum per se. It was more like a small doll making factory with some dolls on display.)





Photobucket


The typical handmade dolls on display.






Photobucket








Photobucket







Photobucket


I like how they can put every doll of different cultures together, as if they live in harmony. It is so cute to put a koala bear behind a European doll.







Photobucket


Me against the background of the museum.




Photobucket


We were then led by a granny to the souvenir store, just few minutes after I thought about how they could make money from this free-admission place. They knew we tourists would definitely buy something from there to bring home.
I really love this ship ornament. It looks like the one in the Tin Tin movie. Love at first sight! But it costs about SGD40!!




Photobucket

More pics of the souvenir shop.






Photobucket







Photobucket







Photobucket


After I picked out the souvenirs and gave it to the granny, we were waiting for her to count how much they will cost together! It was so cute that we waited 15 minutes for her to calculate them. I am not exaggerating I promise! She didn't use any calculator. She only had a pencil and a small sized paper to write her sums on. She did it wrong the first time but got it right the second. Simba looked at the sums she did and said that the granny has a complex mind. Lol.





Photobucket

The namecard.







Photobucket







Photobucket




Photobucket







Photobucket Photobucket







Photobucket







Photobucket







Photobucket







Photobucket






Hope u can visit the museum one day too!
















No comments: