I am recently addicted to "The Good Wife", a TV series that describes the court cases handled by a state attorney's wife. Her husband, the state attorney was sent to jail for 10 years because of corruption. The show portrays her as a strong and capable mother handling the stress faced by the cases, her children and the public (since her husband was involved in several sex scandals too.)
I am so guilty of not sleeping enough because I am hooked to it. :D
Our lab has a tradition that for our birthdays, the rest has to give the birthday boy/girl a treat! For my birthday lunch, we went to Haveli, an Indian restaurant near our workplace.
Their recommendation is the Tandoori Chicken. Never tried it before, so decided to give it a chance that day.
Photo taken by Pui Haan. She loves taking candid shots.
I thought this is so natural. Hehe.
Another candid by her.
Me and Kar Perng.
I was wearing a mustard peter pan top that I bought from Thailand. But Kar Perng thought I dress like a clown. He really doesn't know how to appreciate good taste. LOL.
Taken by Chuan Sia. Like this too!
And he likes people taking photos of him pretending to drink.
Kind of emo though.
Bhuvana and CS.
Emo again.
There is a flash of light interfering with his hair or face. Reminded me of Final Destination.
This is something Kar Perng ordered. Love the shot. :D
I feel like buying a DSLR and taking part in some photography contests. Lol. Quite a long way there but I hope I can get there. Lol. :D
And our Tandoori Chicken. Deemed as too spicy for me. The ratio of the rice to the meat is like 8:2. Sadded. Can't finish the rice!
As I was far from the other dishes I asked CS to help me take some. And this is one of his works. Lol. Just plain rice was the focus of the photo. Pui Haan and I LOL hard at it!
Another photo by him. No focus for his photo.
This time he focused on the salt. But turned out that the photo has too many focuses. Like we dunno if he is portraying the salt or the chicken.
Omg. I realised I can be so frank! :D
The researchers in my lab that make my work day go faster! Thank you so much!
Another photo of us since supervisor who was taking the photo of us felt that the last group photo was too dark. A little blur though. :D
Then they said about trying Gulab Jamun, a very very sweet Indian traditional dessert. And Pui Haan saboed me as usual (LOL) by telling supervisor that I, the birthday girl, should try it. I was assured by Bhuvana that usually this sweet dessert came in a very small portion, so I should be able to take the sweetness. And when it came, she realised she was wrong. It is the size of a tennis ball rather than the fishball's that she said would be. Omg. It was SO sweet. It was mainly condensed milk. Faints~ Imagine opening a tin of condensed milk and drinking it up. Yes, this was exactly how the dessert tasted like!
No comments:
Post a Comment