Sunday, May 06, 2012

Patellar Subluxation & Preview of Thai Airways




Hi dears!


I just dyed my hair to somewhat red. The hairdresser's recommendation. And it's quite obvious! Simba has been going to the salon "NK" at Nex. He was so pleased with the service and his haircut that he booked a haircut package at his first visit. I went there before too and was full of praise for it. Lol. We dyed our hair there for the 1st time and it didn't disappoint me. My hair is not as damaged as the previous times I dyed my hair. Since Simba's package included a free treatment, I took his and he gave me a very gloomy face. Lol.


We went ahead to share a package (12 visits for $1100) for hair colouring. (OMG I KNOW!) Each visit will cost about $80 (Colour + Highlights!) You should go there too. Simba chooses the senior hairstylist, so I think to be safer you should spend abit more to get the senior ones. Simba used to patronize Jean Yip but I feel that the service is quite bad, and the hairdressers kept persuading you to buy some expensive hair conditioners. He decided to give other salons a try and we found NK! Nice!


I'm excited to share with you a shampoo I was lately introduced to. The brand is Evoluderm! It's French product. I love it! :D You can get it at Guardian. :) I had a bad fall 3 weeks ago. And the pain was worse than before. Couldn't really walk or stand the first few days of the fall. Can't walk down the stairs normally even now! :( This is the 1st time I took so long to heal. I think it is because I have gained some weight and this has taken a toll on my knees. Took an X-Ray and my company doctor diagnosed me with Patellar Subluxation. Of course the doctor can't fully confirm it, so I was referred to the orthopedic specialist for further examination in June. I was pretty glad that finally someone tell me of the exact condition I have been suffering from the past years.


I researched about this condition and the mentioned signs and symptoms match mine exactly! Not knowing that I suffered from Patellar Subluxation previously, I used to google for "kneecap pain", or like "ligament tear" but I don't know what I can do about it since I dunno if I am really having a ligament tear or a dislocation!


Now finally there is hope for me! I hope I no longer have to fear walking down stairs and slopes or running anymore! All I have to do is to wait for my appointment with the specialist and have some physiotherapy or a very minor surgery done. My company will pay for my specialist fees and 90% of my surgery fees. Yea!


After learning that the surgery is minimally invasive, I am not so afraid. The surgery is only for cutting the tight lateral ligaments around the kneecap to shift the kneecap in place. The surgeon will only make a small cut on the knee, use an arthroscope to look at the inside and cut a few ligaments. I think I can handle it. :)


I am looking forward to walking normally like other people! I may have to wear knee braces or be on crutches for about 3 to 6 months after the surgery but I think it will be worth it if I can recover from it.


Or if I don't need surgery, I will go for physiotherapy to strengthen my quadriceps so that I have better support of my knees.


I have so many things to tell you but I have some analyses to rush. :( Supervisor is going to a conference at the end of May to present my project and we are preparing the presentation and poster for it.


I decided to tell you abit about Thai Airways I have travelled in to Bangkok. It's somewhat like Singapore Airlines! :D


We were really excited since morning at the airport. Great shopping is awaiting us. Lol!


Had breakfast at KFC at the airport. We weren't sure if meals are provided in our flight.


Photobucket



Did I tell u before that I love KFC's porridge and egg tarts? They are the best! I was so blessed having such a savory breakfast. It was a blissful morning. Lol.




 



PhotobucketPhotobucket


Love how he expresses his love for the breakfast. Lol.






Photobucket


Our attractive boarding pass. Lol.
Thai Airways uses purple alot!



Photobucket


While waiting to board the plane. I thought I heard passengers who are having seats 15-75 can board the plane, but it was actually seats 50-75. We quickly went out of the queue after that. :D





Photobucket


Love the appealingly colourful seats.





Photobucket


And we were surprised that there are TV screens! Since it was a 2 hour flight, we didn't expect to have TVs to watch! Everything is just like SIA. Cool!




Photobucket The earpieces with Thai Airways logo!


Photobucket


The TV guide is very summarized, so you can skim through the backgrounds of these shows quickly. You get to save time and be ready to select a show to watch.






Photobucket

I always get window seats. Not that I really like it, since the rays are shining in so much that they hurt my eyes sometimes!







Photobucket

Always ready for meals. Lol.
He is always embarrassed whenever he gets hungry. I would be like "Why are you hungry again? I thought we have just eaten lunch?" And he would blush and say he is not hungry actually, and that he was afraid that I am. HAHAHA!







Photobucket

Our breakfast in the plane. I couldn't finish them since I had KFC breakfast! Luckily the meal isn't too great. It has raw vegetables and raw pasta. Omg. Was it supposed to be this way?





Photobucket


And we are in Thailand! At the Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport.







Photobucket


The queue at the checkpoint is tremendously ridiculously long! Check it out behind me.





Photobucket


After a very long ride to our hotel at Pratunum, we reached and were ever ready for the Platinum Mall. Lol.











No comments: