Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12, Chilli's for One Year Anniversary in NCCS!


Hi dears! 

12.12.12 is the last repetitive date for the century. I mean, the next one will be on 1st Jan 2101 and I won't live to see that day.

All those dates since the start of the 21st century are a timeless classic, as they are such memorable and romantic days, although I admit that to wed on these dates is kind of uncreative. How many weddings have you witnessed from 01.01.01 to 12.12.12? I have seen many. Just feel that it's a pity not having able to wed today! 
BUT it's fine. It's fine really. REALLY. 
.
.
.
Okie I lied. Lol. I have a thimbleful of regret. Here I said it! 
It's just cos I am such a hopeless romantic. LOL!
Here's a rhetorical question: 11 chances to get married these 11 years and I did not grasp any one of these? 

Oh well, ultimately it's just a date. I don't have to be so melodramatic about it. Don't even know why I had a propensity to wed on such dates. We will find another date more personal to us. No biggie!


Gonna introduce you to some songs that I never get tired listening to before I bombard you with pictures of dinner at Chillis.

1. David Choi's Lucky Guy. Promise me you will watch the whole MTV and tell me later if you teared watching it. Cos I did.



Beautiful lyrics.

2. 失落沙洲. After Jun Wen recommended this song to me, it kept lingering in my mind. 
"我不是一定要你回来。。" Sad but definitely a endearing song.




3. Jayesslee's cover of Price Tag. Twin youtube celebrities with angelic voices.





4. Jayesslee's cover of Payphone




3rd Oct was the day I accomplished a year of work at NCCS, and so did PH and KP, and something that calls for a celebration!

We were at Chillis hoping to uncover the secret behind the large dinner crowd during dining hours.


Photobucket

Secret #1. Happy Hours daily, 1-for-1 cocktail!

Photobucket



Photobucket

My all-time favorite mojito. Anything with mint leaves is top-notch, mai siao siao!

Now please don't hate me for posting the following food pictures that may make you salivate.  I was just hoping that they speak to you.

Photobucket

Secret #2. Good food. 
Monterey Chicken was what I ordered. I had no qualms on why people swarm to Chillis after tasting this but in case you have qualms on the sensitivity of my tastebuds, my colleagues had tried parts of it and only affirmative comments of its goodness were heard. 

The cauliflower too was Awesome with a capital A. 


Photobucket

PH's Southern Smokehouse Bacon Burger. I don't think the chefs there disappoint her too!


Photobucket

Crispy Honey-Chipotle Chicken ordered by CS. According to him, this wasn't warm enough and the taste is at first good but not great, and then it deteriorates.


Photobucket

Texas Cheese Poppers as our sides. Coming from a person who doesn't eat hard stuff, this was a no-no.


Photobucket

KP's Fajita Trio. Grilled steak, chicken and shrimp at a whopping $35! I guess he was feeling rich that day, but from the look of it, he might have found that money worthwhile. Yea, it rocks.



Photobucket

Like me, KP loves capturing photos of food. Maybe someday he will get to be a food critic/blogger.


Photobucket

CS. The guy who loves mice, and wound up looking like one. Also not forgetting the undying love for his nephew.


Photobucket

KP. The future inventor of beauty scanner and Mr More-than-Perfect. 
PH. Ms chatterbox who may possibly die anytime when she stops talking. :D


Secrets #1 and #2 are pretty much it. Not that I can't think of anything else but don't you agree that the formula for a well run F&B business should be good food plus attractive promos? Good service will be a bonus too. I rate Chillis a 4 out of 5! It loses that 1 point mainly due to the noises made by the large crowd, although most of them were contributed by us muahahaha.





No comments: