Merry Christmas dear friends!
It's 6 weeks post surgery. I'm not improving fast enough to achieve the stability my physiotherapist wants me to have and the hope of having the knee brace removed before Christmas was smashed.
Walking is still a tad tough for me but the warmth emanating from friends who care and quite a number of kind strangers kept me going. Strangers I met are often people who asked if I was alright, reminded me to be careful when I walk or gave up their seats for me. The unconcealed knee brace worn on top of my leggings work like a charm; I have gotten over the embarrassment of letting people stare at the brace since maxi skirts which can perfectly hide it are hazardous. I lost count of how many times I stepped on one and almost lost my balance because of that. I just ain't tall enough (ahem I am tall, just not tall enough) and the skirt extends beyond my ankles. Most girls solve the problem by wearing high heels but unless I want to run the risk of falling flat on the ground and cause another unfortunate ligament accident, I won't want to try that. Hence I was only left with the choice of wearing the skirt up above the waist (lol). Coincidentally, high waist pants / skirts are still chic! However wearing the supposedly at-the-hip maxi skirt as a high waist skirt to work wasn't the tough part. The tough part was dealing with people dashing into trains in a flash and their high tendency to injure me. Hence the brace not only serve well in its job of protecting the graft, but also say hey to people so that they avoid bumping onto me when they rush to work.
Gonna give credit to the top 3 Good Samaritans I have met since I went back to work:
#1. Good Samaritan Winner: Was using a whole lot of strength dragging my left leg while I walked down the slope when I felt someone hold my arm to lend me her support. She held me and walked with me at a tremendous slow speed until we reached the MRT station and handed me to Jun Wen.
#2. Good Samaritan 1st Runner-Up: She asked where I was heading to and once I said the MRT, she waved down the SGH shuttle bus for me (It was about to leave) and got me onto it. And from then on, I took the shuttle bus from the Cancer Centre to Outram MRT and saved 15 minutes of both walking time and exertion of the injury everyday.
#3. Good Samaritans 2nd Runner-Up: 2 men on 2 separate days walked behind me, stayed beside me and walked ahead of me to watch me walk. (lol) Then after hesitating about almost 5 minutes (of walking beside, behind and ahead of me), they finally asked if I was okay.
Perhaps if they didn't offer to help, they will feel guilt-ridden at night when they self-reflect and would be unable to sleep. Lol. Either that or men tend to hesitate much more than women as their true intentions are often misread by women.
Thank you Good Samaritans. God bless you wherever you go! I should really work on my appreciation towards others. Other than a dozen times of saying thank you, I dunno what else to say to let others feel my appreciation.
Jun Wen uploaded the following image of us wearing helmets at Segway Sentosa in the year of 2010 as his cover photo and one of his colleagues commented, "Wah, last time u so skinny ah!" Lol.
![]() |
It's Christmas Eve today! Jun Wen and I enjoyed a half day off work. Our head of department treated us to a exquisite lunch buffet while Simba had potluck with his colleagues. Being a glutton, I immersed myself in the buffet, totally forgetting to check my phone the whole time and poor Simba waited half an hour for me to return his call. He was already near my workplace when he called.
Being in a Christmassy mood, I wanna walk as far as my legs could take me, so we explored the new extension of Plaza Sing together and took breaks from time to time so that my legs wouldn't feel like they were on the verge of breaking.
We had one of our breaks at Gloria Jean's Coffee. He confessed that he slept at 3am the night before largely due to his love for killing man-eating zombies to make the virtual world a better place to stay in, so he was weary from the lack of sleep. Perfect timing for a cup of coffee to perk him up.

We don't usually drink hot coffee but since we forgot to mention "Iced" to the staff, we accepted our own mistakes and drank the whole thing up.
I ordered Irish Nut Creme and he Choc Macademia Latte. Mine was great and worth every penny. Didn't like his but he loved it, so well what do I know?
Do you know that high-end coffee is one thing that Singaporeans squander their money on? They (Okie okie, "We") are always hunting for cafes to sit in and sip on expensive coffees while waiting for their friends to turn up, studying for exams or chatting with friends.
I don't remember the Starbucks in Malaysia or Thailand was ever once so occupied with people that you can't find any available seats. But in Singapore, it's always the case.

Took plenty of photos with the drinks while waiting for them to cool down a little but drew some attention from the surrounding curious patrons in the meantime.

Lol. I was totally blending into the background! I thought I was in for a pleasant surprise when he took up some minutes to take a picture of me but it turned out that I was totally wrong. Lol.

Take 2 still failed. Lol. I quite like the bit blur though so that my flaws wouldn't be obvious to the eye.
I wore a Toga dress beneath the cardigan. Toga dresses not only come in a maxi form, but also in a shorter style for girls like me with not enough height to conquer maxis with style!

My turn! Now I can take lots of candid, with many to choose from later without having to worry that they might be blurred because the shutter speed is awesomely high.

Stirring drinks is the man's job. Lol.
After window shopping for two floors of the new extension, the leg strength weakened too much that the first instinct was to sit down and dine at Canele, the restaurant in our proximity, an hour before dinner time.

Tried the colour sketch function of the camera.
The tile patterns on the floor are so pretty in the sketch aren't they?

Some more photos to show our active involvement with the new cam. :D



My first experience with Canele was the time I dined with Cousin at the Wheelock Place's outlet. What stayed in my long term memory was that the food especially the desserts was fantastic and the service alright. But this time I was utterly disappointed.
This crabmeat pasta didn't look appetizing nor taste at least passable. We even think that the crabmeat had a certain uncooked smell. Yuck right!

His Marinara wasn't suited to our taste too. Maybe its uniqueness caught us by surprise so much that we didn't know how to appreciate its goodness. At least it does look good.


It was both our first time having macarons. :D
Left: Hazelnut
Right: Chestnut Obsession

We couldn't understand how these macarons have the capability of catering to the tastes of people after having a bite. They were too sweet, so sweet I think I taste obesity. Lol. The hazelnut tasted like ultra sweet red bean paste omg.
That was our Christmas Eve! Couldn't walk after that and wound up taking a cab home.. again..
Found a clothing label I like there and it's Lowrys Farm! Great taste, great style! Ladies, I'm sure u will like it too so now head over there and grab something you like!

No comments:
Post a Comment