Sunday, November 21, 2010






Hooi Ling & I went to be the subjects for our Masters student's experiment. He is conducting a statistical study on brain activity to help the lower IQ patients achieve higher IQ.

Because the probe has to be held on my hand & placed on my left forehead using my hand, i felt so tired doing that. lols. We had to:

- close our eyes & listen to music for 2 mins,
- do a memory test quiz for the next 3 mins,
- then music for 3 mins,
- quiz 3 mins,
- music 2 mins.

When i try to relax closing my eyes, i was actually trying hard not to think of anything. Then when i do the quiz, i was half awake. lols! So tired!



My results turned out to be real funny. There should be a higher level of oxygen consumption by the brain when i am focusing doing the quiz, but mine didn't. It was the same signal all throughout. lols! Then my phd student laughed. She asked, "Why were your 'relax' moments same as your 'focus' moments?"



Omg! Seems like i slack so much like that!!!



Hooi Ling's results turned out to be really good. Her signals were so distinctive! The Masters student was so pleased.

I told simba i'm not a very good subject. I knew the Masters student needs a good result yet when i am supposed to relax, i kept thinking, "Why is it taking so long? I'm so tired.. Okok.. Cannot think cannot think.. Must think of nothing.."


When it is time to focus, i was thinking, "Why is it so hard to remember? Is it done?" Then i felt like giving up. lols. I got 19/20 for the 1st round & 13/20 for the 2nd round.


I told Prof and he said, "If u are trying hard to think of nothing, u are using energy.. U should instead try to observe your thinking.. In fact, that is what meditation is all about, isn't it?"

Ooops.





I am pleased to announce that i have a new found friend in my course. That's Hooi Ling. lols! She is sharing the same FYP prof as supervisor with me. So glad that someone is able to understand & encourage me! :) And someone able to talk non-stop with me. We share the same interests & character. lols! I really like her. She is great!




I told her that Prof wants me to conduct an experiment on mice in Jan & i'm real scared. And she said she would go with me! So nice to not be alone.



I have one more friend on top of my clique & bf to take a photo with in my grad ceremony. God certainly works in a miraculous way.









:)

No comments: