Came across this article that said about why we should take extra measures and precaution before flight. Interestingly, it talked about the reason being not to let our ancestors down..
Because the pioneers have gone through lots of effort trying to make the airplanes work. Even to the extent of giving up their lives. This pilot was trying to make his newly-made aeroplane fly but it crashed down to ground shortly after. In his death bed, he said, "Sometimes, sacrifices are just necessary..."
Some people just live to fulfill their goal aren't they?
Thursday 04/11
After much struggle, i finish plotting the curves based on my experiment.
The phd student then assigned me to plot the curves in one graph. Things are always okie when u try to plot individually, but it always outputs many errors when u try to plot many. so i spent a number of hours trying to troubleshoot the problem while waiting for jun wen to end his fyp meeting. I promised my phd student tt i will email her my results that very day.
Temptations went great when simba wants to go play LAN games with xiang, ching siang & qing yao. Somemore ching siang can drive us to dobhy ghaut & i will escape the 1 and 1/2 hr train ride back home.
lols! So off i went with them, with the problem lying at the back of my head. oops! Was wanting to stay in school till 10pm to finish up but .. its a public holiday's eve! Maybe my phd student needs to rest tooo. lols!
We ate dinner and dessert at Jurong pt before we head down to paradiz centre. THE HONGKONG DESSERT MANGO SNOW ICE WAS FANTASTIC! I love it! The shop name is 'ji de chi' at jurong pt 2.
i spend a few dollars hogging the computer surfing the internet at the LAN shop. Reading some notes for my quiz next week too lols. The guy beside me must be thinking i'm crazy. Studying in a LAN shop???
But he was so scary. He has thick specs and a zai nan look. lols! Throughout his game of warcraft, he was flipping his shirt up and scratching his fat tummy and back. omg. I began to doubt the cleanliness of the computers there. i was freaked out.
My last post i talked about last Monday being my last day of giving tuition to Joanna. I sad to live for myself this time.. But now.. I had to take back my words. She asked for tuition just once a week, not thrice anymore. Out of some softheartedness again, i agreed. But she promised to stop for awhile during my exams in dec. :) I successfully stopped the philipino kid's tuition luckily.
Yeah! Having tuition once a week now is really really better!! :)
Living for myself seems too self-centred. So i live abit for joanna then lols.
I have plenty of random photos here:
My tuitee, joanne scribbling on the whiteboard. Really training my patience. :P
I asked her to form a sentence with the word 'odd'
And she said, "The cat over there looks odd without a tail."
lols! And she just has to add a cat.
And she said, "The cat over there looks odd without a tail."
lols! And she just has to add a cat.
The spear she drew to show me that she knew its meaning.
See all those magnets? It is placed on the board to make my blood boil. She just does everything but study.
That day she said, "I think u should be a teacher."
"What do u mean? I'm already your teacher."
"No i mean a school teacher."
This really inspired me! Have i forgotten that i wanna try applying to be a poly lecturer after few years of work experience? lols. She just reminded me. I wanna teach engineering maths!
Simba and i tried some restaurants lately. Was pretty happy that my tuition pay can allow me to afford more good food. lols. I've been watching my expenses no worries. At least i'm holding back the urge to buy 18 pieces of clothing at the Editor's Market for far too long.
This is hot tomato!
The last 2 photos have just no meaning without this one!
I just wanna tell u guys that the Nex shopping mall is going to be ready for operations soon! It's opposite my house and a new outlet of hot tomato in it. Cant wait!!!
Love serangoon! PROUD!
I saw KFC in Nex also. omg super UPS!
I just wanna tell u guys that the Nex shopping mall is going to be ready for operations soon! It's opposite my house and a new outlet of hot tomato in it. Cant wait!!!
Love serangoon! PROUD!
I saw KFC in Nex also. omg super UPS!
Simba loves good drinks too! We dunno why we never call for ice water now.. We just 'zhiam' (spam) on buying drinks that cost $10 each after service charge! omg.
I like how simba always think of the cost last. lols!
Went skinny pizza the 2nd time for carine's bday!
Surprisingly, the staff remembered me and junwen even though we came only e 2nd time after a month. :) Their customer service is uncomparable. No other restaurants' service can be compared to them!
I like how simba always think of the cost last. lols!
Went skinny pizza the 2nd time for carine's bday!
Surprisingly, the staff remembered me and junwen even though we came only e 2nd time after a month. :) Their customer service is uncomparable. No other restaurants' service can be compared to them!
I recommended carine the apple alcoholic drink. it is still under promotion of $3 instead of $5.50.
Still loving it.
Still loving it.
The Squid Ink pizza simba ordered. I actually wanna order but after carine told me the crust is black, i got pretty scared. lols.
I ate the bay prawn capelini instead.
Carine's cake ;p
Carine was like, "Why u all buy cake?" We already ate it in school. I ate many alr. I sort of grew tired of eating them." Lols. "Out of my 5 celebrations, i went to 3 pizza/pasta restaurants. Including this." Ooops! Everyone thinks carine likes cake and pasta.

Simba with the murderous look and weapon. He got a pimple on his nose that day. I told him i will help him photoshop away the pimple. And yeah i did it! I used Paint and painted white over his nose. There isnt a beige color lols!
We also went to the Taiwan Cafe at Scape.
:P
After our bad food experience at Taiwan, we being very not risk-averse, we tried the food at the TAIWAN cafe. lols.
And the nai cha! Just like the Hong Kong cafe's. erms... Tot there suppose to be a bit difference?
Simba's beef rice was nice surprisingly.
My spicy and sour noodles were tasty too.
We came up with a conclusion.. Food at Taiwan Cafe in Singapore has to suit taste of Singaporeans. They would have to shut if they just serve very bland food over here. (We love spices and sauces!)
I remembered i got pretty upset when KFC in Taiwan has no chilli sauce, and the hotpot soup tastes like water. The salad is like grass (no mayonaise! no 1000 island!), the weird breakfast noodles. I think only the jian dan (fried egg) i bought every morning is the tastiest.
We were early for class one Monday and went for the 1-for-1 treat at Swensens! My favourite seafood black pepper pasta never fails me!
:)
I feel so fat after this post. omg.
No comments:
Post a Comment