Monday, May 16, 2011

Finished one paper and one FYP poster presentation today!
lalala~ I presented to my modulator this afternoon. There will be another Prof giving me the grading, apart from my own. :D It was actually to be on the 24th, after my last paper on the 19th. However, my modulator would be going on an overseas conference ans hence had to meet a few of us during exam time! I actually got that email! Was thinking how heng i can be! LOL.




I drank H.K milk tea during lunch today and went to meet him after that! I think the milk tea made me super high when i was presenting. I kept making some hand gestures, make me feel so stupid thinking about it. I dunno why i made a cross fingers sign whenever i said "correlated" LOL. And he copied me when asking me something about "correlated"!! He was dozing off when i told him the introduction and once i got to the experimental setup, he sat up and was very interested, especially when i reached the parts of the rat tumor and the phantom! He asked about the no. of animals i used in the project. And asked thoroughly on my set-up as if he would be trying the research too. He even zoomed into these photos on my poster. And exclaimed that I had a very interesting project. I think overall it looks pleasing to the public but actually i'm repeating it over and over again REALLY.

I dunno how to use his Apple computer and felt very very awkward! :D He would say, "Let me help u!"



And he asked me to turn up on the 24th still, pinned my poster up on display and let the other professors and students learn about it. :D So i'm going to stand in front of my poster for an hour or so without the surprise appearance of any modulator, while the rest will be waiting for their modulators to come. That feels quite relieved (since the judgement and all those anxiety are over for me)! LOL.

Looking forward to my last last last last paper!

Was studying at Coffee Bean one of these days. 2 gorgeous ladies sat at the table next to us. They were chatting, enjoying their coffees and reading newspaper when 2 other ladies suddenly came and sat at the same table as them. One of them introduced the other as some guy's wife. Then she started to hurl verbal abuses at one of them. It turned out that this wife hired a PI and found that her husband had an affair with 1 of the ladies, and that she also became her son's girlfriend. She wanted to ask the 3rd party to stop pestering her husband and son. The arguement got so so loud and fierce and everyone around them had to ask them to lower their voices. The wife looked older than my mum and the third party looks like 26. First time seeing all this drama! I saw on the newspaper the other day that more and more PIs are getting hired to spy on the men!



Simba said he immediately knew how her IV bag came from. hahaha.
Told mum and she said it is best not to be too rich, and also let all the lecherous men be poor!




Some videos to share, after being reminded by the conversation with Carine today:


The same time simba has shown me this video, Joanne posted it on FaceBook.~ I love LULU!












And also, this very scary news...
Poor CBS correspondent Lara Logan was violently and sexually assaulted by the 200 to 300 Egyptians when the camera battery ran out while reporting the fall of President Hosni Mubarak.
(Sexual harrassment is a serious social issue in Egypt.)

She is speaking out for the first time since her brutal sexual assault in Egypt in Feb 2011.
Lara Logan breaks her silence in 60 minutes on how they raped her with their hands, tore her clothes off and practically trying to tear her hair off her scalp.
This was in the page of the world's worstest crimes.





This got me affected. I cried at the part when she said one of the securities kneeled down and begged her for forgiveness. :(

No comments: