You may have missed some of my entries since I'm blogging much often now. Just click on 'older posts' at the end of the page if u think u might have missed some entries.
Today I had tuition with Joanna. And I taught her that a mule is an offspring of a male donkey and a female horse.
And here is her reply,
"A donkey and a horse can marry?"
This is so funny. A picture of the wedding dinner held by a donkey and a horse came into my mind instanteously. Omg. She is so cute! She may have thought that animals hold wedding ceremonies and other animal species came as their guests. :D
She continued, "But the donkey is smaller in size than the horse right?"
Omg. This I really dunno how to answer, so I told her that maybe the horse is a young female horse and the male donkey is slightly bigger in size than her.
"Oh.. Or maybe they have the same size?"
I nodded my head. Lol. Teachers must learn how to act like they know when they don't! LOL.
One fun fact: A mule is more intelligent than its parents.
And she asked, "Then can the female donkey and a male horse marry?"
Lol. I told her I wasn't sure and will find out for her.
Oh.. And I found out that they can mate too. Their offspring is known as a hinny.
But it is much easier to obtain a mule than a hinny.
Here to blog about time spent at the Taka Food Fair.
First we passed by this interesting stall that has people cutting up long rods of candy into small pieces for us to try.


Yes, these are the candies. We tried some and they are great.
I am sure u have tried them before. (See below.)

I think what's so unique this time is that they come in many different flavours. There are also graphics at the end of the rod-like candy. One of such graphics is the peace sign. I think the rainbow flavour should taste the nicest.

Ginger tea! Something that I will refuse to drink.
I told Simba it's suicide.

Japanese chocolates! I love them.
In the noon, I went with my colleagues during lunch hour, and the chocolates were buy 5 get 1 free.
When I came again in the evening with Simba, it became buy 3 get 1 free. We thought that the candies and chocolates were too expensive and in the end, we didn't buy them.


These are rice cakes. Never seen anything of such before.
The name rice cakes gave me the feeling of something that can make me VERY full. Decided to be safe and not buy it.

Putu bamboo? What's that?

Then u must be thinking what the cheapskate me bought! Hahahaha!
I bought the Oneh Oneh that costs only $2! That's what Simba is holding.

They have different flavours as well, not just the normal coconut flavour.
I couldn't finish all 4 of them as they have gotten too sweet by the time I finished the second one!

My favourite stall.
They have my favourite mee sua, sour and spicy soup, and Taiwan milk tea.
But mee sua was sold out! And I couldn't drink the milk tea since I will stay awake the whole night after drinking it. So I bought only the sour and spicy soup.

Some Japanese beer.

We sat at the sitting area of the fair to enjoy our Sour and Spicy soup. Simba influenced me not to drink any Shark's fin soup anymore. Lol. Save the sharks! They are facing extinction!

Simba bought this for me too!
So cute right the chocolates with animal faces!
The original price was $15 per box but we got it for only $5! It was because we went on the last day of the fair and everything was discounted! :D
The promoter let us try the chocolate samples and they were really good. There is a taste of alcohol in them and I love it. It is so similar to the tiramisu taste!
But once we ate what we bought, they don't taste the same as the samples. Lol. They do not have alcohol taste inside. The promoter introduced the wrong chocolates! So sad!

This is Simba with the box brand. Lols.

Simba chose the pig to eat.

And I chose the bear.

And we went to the Hokkaido Fair.

The puff costs $5 each. It comes in many flavours as well! Was so tempted to buy one but thinking of the extra weight i may gain, I let go the whole idea. I was so clear about what I want for the first time!

And Hokkaido ice cream! I didn't get a good picture since Simba kept trying to appear in the photo! Sad!

A roll cake costs $18. Wows it's crazy. My mum bought a roll cake at Serangoon Central and it only costs $2. But I tried and it was really good! The fair was really for people who don't mind spending more just for good food! I have friends who are this way. They felt that good food can make every bad thing turn better. :)
I didn't manage to take more photos cos the security came and stopped me from taking photos. :(
Simba kept stopping me before the security caught me and I would assure him it was alright. I would keep when anyone came and asked me to stop. Such disobedient customer I am!
:D
No comments:
Post a Comment