Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hong Kong Day 3

My tutee, Joanna, has become more mature and has seldom give me the playful-and-don't-want-to-do-work attitude. But during our the last lesson, she asked, "Do u like art?" I said yes. And she said, "Are u good at it?" I replied, "Ehs.. Not very good at it. But if you want, I can sketch something for u. Anything in particular that u want me to sketch?" And she was beaming at the moment of my reply. I regretted my willingness to sketch anything for her when she said merlion. OMG! She wanted me to sketch her a Merlion! That is so difficult! Why do foreigners like our Merlion? LOL!

Here to also introduce u a new App on iphone! I love it so much. Lols.
It's called 'Your Singapore Guide'. It is actually meant for tourists who are currently visiting in Singapore. But I'm considered a tourist since I haven't explore the whole of Singapore yet even though it's a small island!



It tells u the latest events happening in Singapore right now, the dining places nearest to your location, where to shop, where to visit cultural places, where to club, and practically interesting things to do in Singapore. But these places would be not be comforting on your wallets! Lols. Go download it!

And from the App, I found an interesting place to go to. Ever heard of FarmArt? I haven't but going to experience the kampong farm activities on Simba's birthday (13th Sep)! And admission is free!  U get to see plant and animal life!
Check out its website here: FarmArt


And here is a sketch of their layout. So cute right!
U can take MRT to Choa Chu Kang Station and take a free shuttle bus from Lot 1 to get there! But wait for me to tell u whether it's worth the visit not!

And ya.. Spent 3 hours in H&M shopping with Cousin and Aunt to get Cousin some office clothings! Yes, she is starting work tomorrow! An accountant in one of the companies found opposite my future workplace. Lols. We can meet for lunch soon. Anyway, she told me that she treated me as her best friend. Hahahahaha! I thought it was funny cos I didn't know she is my best friend for the 24 years of my life. But glad and honored to be her best friend and cousin at the same time. LOL!


Updates on my recent life: The Life of being Poor.
Simba and I have been taking bus rides lately to save money travelling. Our student concession is confiscated, and now we have to save every penny. Lols.



Photobucket

Us in the bus with seats to sit on, unlike the MRT. We didn't know that the SBS buses now have a brand new look! The seats are more comfy and look so sofa-ly now!


Photobucket

He made a few more funny faces until I told him to flash his normal face.





Photobucket

And this, finally, is the most normal face. Anyway, his shirt is from H&M Hong Kong and costs about only SGD20! We found it in H&M Singapore too. Lols. Girls, can buy for your boyfriends if they need shirts!

Day 3 at Hong Kong - Disneyland~


We had our breakfast at the foodcourt we had our lunch at during our first day there. Jun Wen missed the food there and we went for it again~



Photobucket

Our breakfast set. Yums~ The Hong Kong food is nice, mostly. Just that the milk tea is too sweet. I finally found a foreign place that have nice food. Taiwan's food was deemed to be too healthy for me!




Photobucket

Almost reaching Disneyland. The park opens at 10am and it was 10am when we were in this Disneyland train. And there was already crowded with families at this point of time!





Photobucket

The Disneyland MTR train has handles shaped like the Mickey Mouse's face. Love the cute design.




Photobucket

And h.e.r.e w.e a.r.e! It is Jun Wen's first time to Disneyland and he was really looking forward to visiting one!



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

The entrance! Simba was pretty worried about the 34 degrees celsius thoughout the day! The rays of the sun had no mercy on us. I became much darker that very day.



Photobucket



Photobucket

While queuing to have our bags checked.
Many mainlanders were there with us. They love to bring umbrellas to shelther themselves from the sun. They are screaming, pushing, hogging the places for us to take photos, walked pass us when we were taking photos (so our photos have to be re-taken!)  and cutting our queue.

The staff (the locals) seemed very annoyed by their behaviour. Always quite rude to them.

I heard that it was their school holidays and so the kids took an hour flight to Hong Kong to go to Disneyland and Ocean Park.



Photobucket

Our admission tickets. The ladies get the Tinkerbell ticket while the men get the Buzz Light Year one!


Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket

The place where we insert our tickets into machines.
Was stopped by a surveyor who asked us about our age, our occupation etc. And she gave me a few stickers as a token of appreciation. Haha!




Photobucket

The Tram Station. Mickey Mouse face formed by patches of grass! I wanna complain that we took ages to take this photo. The mainlanders were not considerate. They just kept rushing into our photos. I was very annoyed. Lols.






Photobucket




Photobucket

We saw from the flyer that there would be a 20% Early Bird discount on all items in the Emporium from 10am to 11am. And we quickly rushed to the nearest stall to get something. Simba long planned that he wanted to get a very unique cap from Disneyland and that no one else would actually buy it.



Photobucket


And he got this! The people there wore hairbands at the most, so he made an unique choice.







Photobucket

I got one too to complement his. The body of minnie mouse is attached to the cap.
After discount, we got it at SGD24 each!






Photobucket

Simba also planned to wear a nice attire to Disneyland. Not t-shirt and shorts but shirt and jeans. I told him he might get a heat stroke but he said never mind. Lols! I think he wants to look nice in all the Disneyland photos. So funny that the uncle can be very child-like at times!





Photobucket

Me in the streets of Disneyland.




Photobucket

And we saw the queue to take photos with Minnie and Mickey together. It was a terribly long queue!
And the line didn't seem to move! So in order to enjoy the 20% discount, we took turns to enter the souvenir store to get more souvenirs. Lols! I bought a few keychains, necklaces and bracelets at SGD8 each. Omg, very impulsive I know. But they are too cute and irresistable!



Photobucket


Photobucket


After the long 45 mins, it was finally our turn! We then discovered that the queue wasn't efficient as the staff allowed the visitors to take many group photos and individual photos. Omg! And the mainlanders kept hugging the 2 Disney characters and saying hello to them. Is it because of Universal Studios that allowed only a group photo at a time that made it so efficient or is it that i was too impatient? I don't mind if it was winter but it was not!

The poor photographer was very irritated by then. But because we queued so long for this photo, we might as well ask the photographer to take more!



Photobucket

We requested for individual photos too! Simba first..



Photobucket

Then me! I didn't know that Minnie was actually kissing me until I posted this photo on Facebook. Lols. I have a mild sense of touch. I felt so filled wih warmth looking at this photo! A walking mouse kissed me.



Photobucket

Then it was nearly 12pm and I was hurrying myself to get more souvenirs before the Early Bird Discount is over! I was waiting in the line and Simba went to look around to see if he wants anything. My heart was pounding very quickly when I was almost reaching the cashier and it was 11 55am, and Simba was not in sight. I couldn't contact him by phone since he didn't have the Pay-as-U-roam network. It was about 11 58am when he returned to me empty-handed. The souvenirs were too cute for him! Lols. I thought Simba would grab everything he saw but not this time!

I must pardon Simba since he isn't good at identifying Disney characters and fairy tales. Lols. Too bad there weren't any Dinosaurs T-Shirt, like what he bought in USS.



Photobucket

The Disneyland in Hong Kong reminded me of USS. The shophouses look the same.




Photobucket

Couldn't really take a good photo with the glass display. Light rays reflected off the glass, causing parts of the panel being brighter than other parts.


Photobucket




Photobucket

Chipmunk, a character that many said Jun Wen resemble!



Photobucket

Only in Disneyland would u find shops packed with such cute Mickey and Minie mouse!



Photobucket

Stitch wrapped with penguin skin. So unique right! I just realised that the price tag was revealed in the photo too. About SGD18~ Omg. So expensive! Maybe next time i would buy for Scarlet and Bernadette. Lols.



Photobucket

Simba wants to take a picture with the bad guy in Toy Story, the infamous bear. Lols. He always chooses the least popular character!



Photobucket

Minnie mouse stuff. Can't remember what i was holding. Is it a candy jar or a fan? Have to confirm with Jun Wen.






Photobucket

Stitch water bottle. Simba was sneakily taking photos in the souvenir shop. He wasn't sure whether photos are allowed. I have to keep assuring this law-by-law boy that it was okay and panicking wouldn't help.



Photobucket

Disney accessories. Love them the most. I love mickey mouse shaped necklaces and bracelets! :D



Photobucket

Nice riding-on-a-house pose.



Photobucket

Me and one of my favourite Toy Story characters, the cowgirl, Jessie!
She is such a beauty, isn't she?



Photobucket


The cute Disneyland princesses. I wanted to bring them home but they were too expensive and only served a function of standing there looking pretty.

Photobucket

Candies, lollipops as decorations. So dreamy right! I like it!



Photobucket

Cars-themed lollipop. I seemed to know every Disney movie. Fan of cartoons!



Photobucket

He urged, "Go on, do the flying pose!"



Photobucket





Photobucket

Best photo of the year. The staff was selling balloons and I huried Simba to stand in front of these cute balloons. When I was about to capture a shot, the wind loved us and blew the balloons in such a way that they complement Simba.


Photobucket

Magician Mickey.


Photobucket



Photobucket

We were really hungry as soon as we reached. The first restaurant we saw was this the Pizza Inn. It looked western from the outside beacuse of the castle feel. But the menu said otherwise. Chinese cuisine was what they serve. We exited as soon as we saw the price and the loong queue. But thank God for the few minutes of air-con!

Photobucket

He worked part time for few seconds at the cart store selling umbrellas. Many people were carrying the Minnie Mouse head umbrella. It is quite small and can't really shelter anyone but as long as it's cute, everyone grabs it.


Photobucket

The Princesses castle. :D
Simba looked annoyed cos again it was the same problem. They were rude, they walked right between us and blocked our photo taking, and hogged anywhere. Lols. We spent a considerate amount of time on almost every photo.
Saw the 2 of them over there? That was the initial spot we wanted to have our photos taken but they stood there for a long time and kept on taking the same photos at that spot. Lols! And we actually waited patiently for our turns to come at other photo capturing spots but our efforts always turned out to be futile. Know why? They just ignored us and hurried to that spot without the consideration that we came first.

Omg! First time I complained so much about a trip. LOL.

I just went for the Lantern Festival event at Chinese Garden and our people is so considerate. We took turns to take photos with the lanterns without pushing, cutting queue or other rude stuff. So glad to be a Singaporean.



Photobucket


The souvenir shop that sells Winnie the Pooh stuff.




Photobucket

Simba was starving and kept mumbling that he was REAL HUNGRY. So we looked at the map, decided on a foodcourt and headed towards it. This is the foodcourt! It sells normal Asian food. A bowl of noodles costs SGD10 and a bottle of Pepsi costs SGD4. *Heart pain*



Photobucket

They made the foodcourt with the theme of Beauty and the Beast ballroom. Interesting!




Photobucket

Even the tissue is printed with the big Disneyland logo! So cute!
We had beef noodles and shared a table with 2 of them. Lols. They initiated a chat with us and said both of us looked like one of them (a Mainlander), especially Simba. I typically saw his face turned red instantly. LOL.

Photobucket

The carousel, which I never failed to take a ride in in whichever theme park i went to.



Photobucket

Went for a 3D screening after lunch. Think it was on a mixture of Disney characters, the main lead being Donald Duck, who landed in different fairy tales. He was at first with Mickey and did a mistake whereby he found himself in the castle of the Beauty and the Beast, then on the carpet with Aladdin and Jasmine, then in the sea wih the Mermaid and the sea creatures.. Yea, u get the picture.




Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket

An our 3D glasses aren't simply called as 3D. They are known as Opera Glasses. :D



Photobucket

And just like USS, everytime we exited a theatre or ride, it would lead us to the related souvenir store.



Photobucket


We switched caps for the fun of it.



Photobucket


Photobucket

Drums in the jungle. Is it more worth it to hit every drum we passed by? It's weird seeing the other visitors hit every drum they see. Lols.



Photobucket

Me and the poor overused drum.




Photobucket

We took a ride known as the River of Adventure. Again, we get to choose which language we wanted our tour guide to speak. And we chose English because it has the shortest queue. There were only a few Cacausians, a few Indians, some locals and us, the Singaporeans! Real happy! There were a exaggerated number of people queuing for the Chinese language's tour, as they were all Mainlanders. Although the announcement was that each queue has the same amount of waiting time, I didn't think so cos we get into the boat faster than the other queues.

Thank God I know English. I know it will come into good use one day. Lols. This is a good use!




Photobucket

We rode in the boat and passed by some animals. The crocodile looks so real! From far, I really thought they were real until they opened and closed their mouths in a very systemized and hence computerized manner.


Photobucket

I owed these photos to Simba who took steady photos even in our bumpy boat ride! I think they worked via sensors. When the hippotamus senses movement around it, it opens its mouth.





Photobucket




Photobucket


Nearing the end of the ride was a show of burning fire, and then splashes of water onto us.




Photobucket

Opposite us was athe Tarzan's tree house. We had to take a raft over to it.


Photobucket

Me on a raft. The raft was strong and stable. Didn't feel any motion of the sea while on it.




Photobucket

We arrived at the treehouse after a minute on the raft. Waiting for our turn for the raft ride was more painful. Lols. We had no umbrella over us to shelter us from the sun and has always be on alert to prevent our queue from being cut. Lols. So busy right! Have to form a fortress around us by stretching our arms from railing to railing. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind if a few people cut my queue but the whole village was trying their best to overtake us. And we would never get our turn, I'm serious! Omg. U can't imagine how exaggerated it was! The aunties in Singapore always trying to cut our queues to get into buses, trains or toilet cubicles are really minor cases. The thing is, I don't get mad at these aunties at least. Lols.

Luckily, the treehouse interests me.


Photobucket

The shaky Tarzan bridge

Photobucket

The storybook illustrating Tarzan. Don't ask me why there are many big-eyed animals on the page! I dunno, I didn't read the whole book there.




Photobucket

So cute the young Tarzan! By the way, is the name of the tarzan Tarzan? I thought tarzan is a general term? I'm confused. Or was it that this tarzan was named Tarzan and then we called all tarzans tarzan?



Photobucket





Photobucket

DId Tarzan fall in love with a uptown girl? Lols. I am not familiar with the story. I guess that's why the treehouse interests me.




Photobucket

After this photo, Simba gave me a title, 'the Captain of the Ship', throughout the whole trip. He assigned me to some destinations we were heading to and asked me to guide him to the places. Lols. Luckily, with Simba's patient guidance during the Taiwan trip last year, I finally learnt how to read a map. When I asked him for help sometimes, he would say, "No, u have to guide me all the way till we reached. Till then, no questions asked, Captain of the Ship." LOLS right! Annoying yet funny! That's why it's so hard to get angry with Simba. It was good in a way that he wants me to be more independent and he can slack for awhile. Lols. I think people do get stressed looking at maps. I remembered the last Bangkok trip I went with Si Ting and Daniel, we depended on Daniel all the way for directions. We just chatted and followed him. I remembered that he would say with an apologetic look and an embarrassed smile, "Hey, I think we went the wrong direction. It should be that way." Lols. Surely the mobile compass, often the guy, would get an ineviable amount of stress.



I dunno where "The Captain of the Ship" came from but was guessing that it was inspired by Jack Sparrows in the Pirates of the Carribean.


Photobucket

Saw the fake elephant of the River of Adventure from the Treehouse. They are in close promoxity to each other.


Photobucket

Festival of The Lion King. We took note of the next showtime and promised ourselves that we would be back in time for the next performance.





Photobucket




Photobucket

Tomorrow Land.
Photobucket

Tomorrowland is always about exciting rides which my heart couldn't accept. Poor simba didn't take them too. Btw, the waiting time for this Space Mountain ride was 75mins. Omg I know!




Photobucket

Cute baby Minnie.


Photobucket

And Stitch at work. Painter Stitch.





Photobucket

Top row of the shelf: Stitch's plush toy. I remembered he made it himself. It's cute because it's handmade and doesn't look perfect.

Bottom row: The female Stitch. Is it his girlfriend? Not too sure! Didn't watch "Lilo and Stitch 2". I wondered why Disney likes it paired. There seemed to be a male and female versions of many characters.



Photobucket


Insert a coin and try to win a keychain.



Photobucket

Also took note of the show time of Stitch but didn't go back in the end since we were running late. :(




Photobucket

Have u watched Cars 2 that is screening now? We watched it and now who this character is!
It is a Spanish racing car!



Photobucket





Photobucket

It's a small world~ after all.

Photobucket

Actually the door would open and the toys would come dancing out. The whole process was too quick to be taken by our cameras.

Photobucket

Then we saw many sitting by the road, as if waiting for something. And the different parade cars paraded down the streets. Dumbo the elephant was one of the first.


Photobucket

Mickey and Chipmunks waving to us.

Photobucket

Simba managed to get one close shot on Donald Duck. :D


Photobucket

Winnie the Pooh Car.



Photobucket

My favourite, the Swan carrying the princesses on board.



Photobucket

And there is of course Stitch.



Photobucket

We were actually running and taking photos of the parade at the same time. We were almost late for the Lion King performance. But we ended up being lucky since they were still seating people down. The theatre didn't allow flashes so I only managed to take a good shot with flash before one of the staff caught me. :(

Photobucket

We saw a queue and followed it. It turned out to be the queue for the tram back to the main station. Lols. But we discovered something on the way. We saw Winnie the Pooh and Pluto on the ride back. ANd we knew exactly where to find them.




Photobucket




Photobucket

At the main station near the entrance.


Photobucket


Photobucket

We got down and found a vintage bus to take photos of. This head of a horse was beside the bus.



Photobucket

I became a bus driver of Disneyland. The bus is a real bus in case u are mistaken. The real bus driver stopped for a rest and we came to disturb the bus.




Photobucket

After a photo with the bus, we took the tram back to the previous place we were at and walked to....


Photobucket

Take a photo with Pooh! :O
The Pooh isn't so fat as like in the cartoon, so it didn't really look nice.
Anyway, the kids were crazy about getting autographs from these mascots!


Photobucket

And one staff zoomed in on us. It was a max zoom. So sad. The whole picture was blurred out and slanted.

Photobucket

It was nearly our turn to take a photo with Duffy the Bear when he has to go for a break. We don't know who it was. Maybe a newbie?

Photobucket

The bear which sails.



Photobucket

And we queued for Mickey mouse in a Magician costume next. But it has to go for a break during our turn. Lols. So the cute Mickey showed us his 3 fingers, signalling for us to wait another 3 minutes before he comes back. And he kissed me on the cheek. Lols!

Photobucket

The staff thought we are Japanese. I must be a Japanese who worked in the rice fields since I'm so dark!



Photobucket


Skipped the Stitch performance and went for a boat ride!

Photobucket

The castle lit up in the night. Nice right!



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket

Some photos during the boat ride.

Photobucket

Cute!



Photobucket

Photobucket

The last ride we took was a fun one. We sat on a car which was on the conveyor belt and held guns to shoot the targets found on Buzz Light Year and other Toy Story characters. I was leading at first but Simba ultimately beat me with a score doubled of mine. Guys are better at this, I would comfort myself. Lols!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Some knowledge I got from Hong Kong Disneyland

1. It has made me a more of a countryist! Lols.
2. It seems to be smaller than our USS.
3. But i enjoyed the company. :)

No comments: