Went to sign my employment contract and saw the other two newly hired Research Officers. And one of them is my coursemate, Kar Peng. He is doing Imaging and Drug Delivery. The other one is a girl from NUS Bioengineering and she is doing Raman Spectroscopy. We went for the free medical checkup at SGH together. They are Malaysians and really nice! (The thing I really like about Malaysians is that they are really friendly.) Lol. I think I will get along with my future colleagues. The girl asked why we chose Bioengineering. Both of them said very noble reasons. Kar Peng said he wanted to overcome the limit of doctors' ability. Or something like that.
When I said mine which was "Oh I like Science when I was in Secondary School.. And I couldn't get in Biomedical Science in Temasek Poly. My second choice was Bioengineering.", they looked at me and rolled their eyes. LOL. So funny! I am not a very ambitious person and basically, I don't like to think alot. LOL.
Both of them wants to be Permanent Residents here. I have met many foreigners who like Singapore! :D
I was pondering about which sitcom to watch next. Decided to put "Fringe" aside for awhile since it was sometimes scary and I always forgot not to have meals while watching it. Lols! Cos I don't wanna eat in front of a screen showing dead and rotten bodies. Then finally I knew what to watch. I'm sure u have heard of "F.R.I.E.N.D.S"! Omg, I know I'm so outdated! Watched a few episodes and it is really worth the watch. U know not all comedies suit me. I only like black humour shows, lol! If you aren't sure what black humour means, wanna say that an example of a black humour movie is "Horrible Bosses". Yea, that kind!
I think "The Big Bang Theory" and "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" belong to that category too. "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" has till now 10 seasons. Lols! Enough to keep me entertained for a long long time!
My poly friend, Ezra, called me today for a chat and I was so surprised. He was missing for a long time and felt guilty about it. Lols. And he wants to go for our gatherings next time. So hey, poly friends, let's add Ezra into our group chat in Whatsapp next time. :)
Wanna sum up on what Jun Wen and I did during this free time we have!
We were at Illuma and waiting for our movie "Contagion" to start. (It was a bad choice. It bores me out the whole time.)
Saw very cute movie posters~

The Smurfs. We were convinced by Jun Wen's dad that taking a photo with this 1 person standing in the middle of it is a bad idea. The photo won't turn out to be nice. It's true! Jun Wen tried to blend in as one of the Smurfs but he covered the whole movie title and the main character of the movie.
Oh I added one of Jun Wen's friends on Facebook because he is so good at taking photos and I wanna see his updates on the photos he sent for competition. That's so cool! (I know this friend a little, but enough to make him my Facebook friend.) I know I'm this time motivated by a motive (lol) but I'm sure his friend would be more than glad to share his talent with everyone, including me!

Jun Wen requested for another photo with The Smurfs since the last one didn't meet his expectations! :D

And "Alvin and the Chipmunks 3" is coming soon to theatres! So freaking excited about watching it! Theodore is so cute!

Later, after the movie, we went for dinner at Chef Daniel's Kitchen. This restaurant is at the rooftop of Illuma. And it is highly recommended by hungrygowhere.com :D
The service was fantastic and the food is fascinating! We love them!

It feels like a FINE dining place with good ambience. I think if u sit by the window, u can see the busy streets of Bugis. :)


We had set dinners, which comes with a soup, a dessert and a main course. The pumpkin soup is great. So are the pastas!


Our dessert was a fine fine quite big raspberry cheesecake. Very the worth it~

We celebrated Mid Autumn Festival by first going to Chinatown, which was a bad idea, and then to Chinese Garden.
Had dinner at a foodcourt in People's Park.
Had spicy and sour noodles and a big plate of dumplings.

Chinatown is a very commercialized place now. I see tourists everywhere. And we know that places where tourists often visit are places that have heightened prices. The spicy and sour noodles soup cost $5 and the dumplings $6.

We were abit overwhelmed by the large amount of the old uncles sitting around drinking beers by themselves or as a group. :O (1st time eating at People's Park.) Can imagine some of my present friends who would spend time there in the years to come. Lols.

The riboon necklace was bought from Hong Kong. I didn't know its length is so long. I feel like I am wearing a pair of specs around my neck.

Then we went to see what Chinatown has in stall for us!

The decoration on the bridge is supposed to look vintage and all but the camera couldn't fulfill the effect. :D
What a letdown~


And this is the best intended decoration we found in Chinatown. There were performances by the road but they sang the songs we have heard before and somehow don't interest us. But they certainly attracted alot of tourists!

We found a Tin Tin store somewhere in Chinatown. Why Chinatown???


Our "I love SG" magnets. Lols! It's weird that we Singaporeans would stop by for souvenirs in all other countries than Singapore. I mean, what if one day such souvenirs are gone forever? Wouldn't it be a waste if we have never kept one Singapore souvenir in our entire lives? Lols!
I always wonder why tourists took photo inside of the Ngee Ann City or like at some overhead bridge that stands out of nowhere in Singapore. I think we may never take a photo like that in Singapore! We just meet up with our friends and take photos in the restaurants, the cafes, the ktv lounges, the pubs but never in front of significant buildings of Singapore. What if one day somebody decides to demolish Ngee Ann City and build Restaurant City (lol)? We may forget how Ngee Ann City looks like in time to come.That would be really sad!

We saw this fox playing with a ball in the water. So cute and it looks so real. It just kept doing the same actions but attracted crowds. Cool invention huh!

We came across this Indian temple while we walked, wanting to find more festive events.
Nice picture! I remembered I was brought here before on a school excursion when I was younger. :D Were u too?

Beside the temple was this, the lion. I found out that it was there to guard the temple against harm.
I was telling Simba, "Look the lion on the roof!"
And he heard "the lion and the goose." Lols. He looked up and was disappointed to see the lion was not biting a goose with its mouth. Omg.

Smith Street of Chinatown.

And nowadays they have lots of varieties of lanterns. Cool~ I used to only bring around the most basic laterns, those paper ones, around. I don't remember that any lanterns of the Hello Kitty design being sold last time.

We were at the Lantern Bazaar where many cute lanterns were sold. I was kind of annoyed by the music that the lanterns played cos it was repeitive all the time. Wonder how I'm going to take my kids out to celebrate Lantern Festival next time!

Two lanes of the road were blocked out for us to watch the performance situated by the roadside.

There was a launch of new Seasons Green Tea flavour nearby and the models were giving out cans of such green tea for free! Simba went to stand near one model deliberately and she offered him one! :D
To me, it tastes the same as the Heaven and Earth green tea. I would buy whichever brand that is cheaper!

We were disappointed that celebrating Chinatown wasn't as great so we switched our hopes to Chinese Garden. Simba hasn't been there before and I told him that it was a pity cos he missed out on seeing big and detail enormous lanterns!
I checked the theme for this year and it is the festival of legends. I wasn't a fan of Chinese legends! I remembered the last time I went the theme was dinosaurs! They were really cute!
But we still went in the end. ;)

The Pagoda. Hahaha. Singapore also has it hor! It is in Chinese Garden!
The entry was closed at night. If not we would be able to get up there and have a bird's eye view of Chinese Garden.

The lantern made his face orange!


The Fu Lu Shou.

Fun Fair for the children. Can't imagine how expensive it is now for each ride in the Fun Fair. I used to play a ride for a dollar!

The Journey to the West. 西游记.

Then the Zodiac. 十二生肖. They are so cute. Simba went to take photos of 12 of them on his phone. He was deleting his photos on his phone earlier on to make out some free space. He felt that my camera wasn't as good. Lols.

The tiger.


Cute right! Never see a snake cuter than this.

The horse.

The goat.

The rooster.

And the pig.

Lao Fu Zi and Angry Birds lanterns at the Fun Fair.

Another Pagoda in Chinese Garden.



Ne Zha 哪吒, in the waters. :D


Not forgetting Hou Yi 后羿, the legendary archer who shot down 9 suns and we have been thankful for it. I boasted to Simba that we didn't have to read any information boards in front of these legendary characters, unlike the tourists. :D

I brought my black framed glasses.


The cowherd and the weaver girl, 牛郎织女.

Crowded with visitors!
He likes to wear my glasses. Look like some burglar.

Eight Immortals Cross the Sea. 八仙过海.
And he only saw the cranes beside those eight immortals. He strangled one. I was surprised that he didn't get an electric shock. Lols.

He asked me to pretend to feed the cranes. I feel that Simba should be a zookeeper more than anything else.



Didn't quite get a good picture of the lanterns hanging from the tree.

The pandas, so cute! Dunno what legend is that though. Dont think any panda is associated with any myth. Ehs.. except Kungfu panda I suppose?

He said I looked like the panda which is knocking its head on its food, the bamboo. Indirectly saying I'm stupid. Very nice of him!





He wanted me to take a photo whereby he looked as if he was touching the lion's butt. Lols.
I lied and said this was okie. Lols.

He wasn't satisfied and wanted another photo. There was a photographer behind us waiting for us to finish our phototaking. Being pressurized, I just took this photograph and again, Simba wasn't satisfied with it. Lols.

Decided to be more sincere and serious about it. Adjusted his position and got this! But.. U see.. The perfectionist said he wasn't even touching it.

And finally. Hahahaha. The photographer was running out of patience. Oops!

Confucious.

The fish which always throw up water.

And Jun Wen one morning called me early in the morning to wake me up for a walk in Bedok Reservoir. Lols.

So I took him to Bedok Reservoir. I knew the way as I was a Temasek Poly student!

On the floating platform. Felt some sea motion sickness on it. Hahaha.




Saw a squirrel on the run. We couldn't be too near it or it would disappear since it moves so fast.
It was max zoom and I was very amazed that the camera could capture such a clear image.



We took polaroids of us in the reservoir.

The total amount of polaroids we took since April: Six. Lols. Jun Wen's cousin was amazed that I haven't even took up a roll from my Polaroid camera. :D

The flash made us too pale in the polaroid. Chose the wrong settings.

Soon we were at Temasek Poly. Hahahaha! Too bad that the back gate is locked and we couldn't go in.

Advertisement of TP! Nuture a student to be as such.


Found this fruit on the ground. He was at first afraid that it would be poisonous. Lol. So paranoid.



And after a long walk, we saw a bus stop and took a ride to Tampines. It was time to say goodbye to the Reservoir. Hahahas!
No comments:
Post a Comment