Did I mention that the blogshop was hiring part time during July and I was selected but I have to reject it as I have gotten my promoter job at Isetan? That was such a waste cos I really wanna some retail experience but always didn't land up in such jobs!
Since I missed out the photos of my Day Three at Vietnam, I shall post an entry on my Day One at Hong Kong first. :D
We spent the night at Changi Airport once more cos we have to check at about 5am!
After we had supper and walked around, we got real bored and tired.

Hence, we went to Cheers. I bought this fancy drink~
While he suggested that we get this:

The word search book. To search for and circle the words that the book requests u too. (Yea, we were really bored!)
We competed on who has a better eye for detail from exercise to exercise~ And I won! Wahahahaha!
We killed some time to walk to the boarding gate. The signboard estimated 18 minutes.
And after sometime, it was finally time to board the plane.

We were given the arrival card as soon as we reached the boarding gate.

We were so excited and hurried into the plane. The staff gave us a window seat! But she asked us if we mind sitting near the toilet. We said we were fine with it. Took this photo from my window!

And yea! We travelled by SIA~ (After much persuasion from Simba, I decided to see for myself how excellent the SIA service is! And I am not disappointed!) That was not his first time travelling with SIA, so he was telling me how great and comfy the ride was. I eventually agreed since Simba volunteered to pay for the air tickets while I pay for the hotel stay. Lol. It was a great deal to me!

In front of us was this big screen showing the status of the plane. And I immediately thought that there wasn't any TV in front of each of us. Normally, the TV will be behind the seats of people sitting in front of u right! But we weren't seated behind any of such seats~ Then I got very disappointed cos we were looking forward to watching a movie on the screen. We even wanted to choose the same one to watch so that we could discuss it later!

Nevertheless, we took photos to remind us of our experience.
Each of our seats had in place a pillow and a blanket~

Posed with the pillow to show u the blue pillow. Our seats were blue and so were our pillows. They have different colour schemes for different parts of the plane!


Simba then pointed at the "baggage holder" showing me how spacious it is compared to Tiger Airways. Lol.
Cos when we boarded the Tiger Airways plane on the trip to Vietnam, the air stewardess was really rude! She used sarcasm to tell Simba how incorrect he has placed his baggage into the baggage holder and that other baggages couldn't fit in the small baggage holder!
The SIA stewardess was a total opposite. She helped me with my baggage with a smile on my face. She is such a dear!

Sima also demostrated how spacious our leg space was. He stretched his leg out for illustrative purposes! Lol.

Our menu!

And we were given headphones soon after. We were baffled by the fact that the air stewardess gave us headphones even though there aren't any TVs at our seats.

Before our meals were served, the air stewardess would ask if we needed any drinks. We both had an orange juice each and was planning to get Baileys after our breakfast since it was free flow! Lol.

The observant Simba then saw an Ang Moh in our row pull a small TV from deep under his seat. And we, being so happy that the TV is actually available, followed suit! We tried means and ways to pull it out and managed to after like 5 minutes. Lols.
We decided on the movie Thor!

Hungry him began eating as soon as the food was served. And just by looking at the portion of the early breakfast, I knew I couldn't finish it no matter how hungry I may be.

A very epic photo! Hahahaha.
Featuring the meal murderer!

See what I mean? Too much for a breakfast meal~
I ate, watched Thor and slept simultaneously. It was hard concentrating on the movie since the sky was too bright and rays were reflected off the screen. I paused the movie and slept for awhile and then continued. This went on for a while until I finally got too exhausted and slept for a longer time, leaving the unfinished food and movie alone. And I woke up with a horror that my food was gone. I asked Simba why he didn't stop the air stewardess from taking away my tray and he said he thought that I didn't want them anymore. Oh it was so wasteful! And it turned out that Simba was actually sleeping too, leaving his food unfinsihed too and the air stewardess took BOTH our trays away. Lol. Simba always lies! I dunno why he was embarrassed about the fact that he dozed off and couldn't guard our food. Lol.

I asked him to order Baileys! It was really a small cup. I think they don't want us to be drunk. We wanted another cup but the air stewardess said the bar was closed since we were going to land. :(

And we landed! Both our first time to Hong Kong and we were thrilled about everything that were about to come!


The Disneyland poster advertisedat the airport. I must say the Hong Kong Airport is huge and nice!


All set to check into Hong Kong.

Burger King at the Airport.

Spent the first HKD20 on packet drinks. Iced lemon tea and iced melon tea tasted actually the same as Singapore's.

Saw this pig mascot and it didn't turn around to greet me or notice my presence. :(
I'm the only one who was unnoticed. It hugged all the kids it saw. I just stood behind its back to take a photo!

He wanted to show that the trolleys at Hong Kong are quite spacious too. It is able to seat the luggages and him. Lols.

We bought the Airport Express train tickets right after we exited the customs at the airport.

We took the Airport Express train to head to Hong Kong from the airport. It takes only 24 minutes!
We placed our luggages in a section used to house them and sat on sofa-like seats and enjoy the scenery that passed us by.

In the train! And sure enough, in no time, we reached the Hong Kong MTR. (I didn't spell it wrongly by the way. It is MTR, not MRT.)



And we bought our One Day tourist pass that gave us unlimited access through the day using the MTR. It was really quite worth the money since it costs the price of about 2 MTR rides only. It was abit different from Taiwan's One day Pass since it lasts for 24 hours while Taiwan's pass only last till the last MRT ride of that very day.

CUTE!

Smurfs 3D coming their way too!


Tapping into the Hong Kong Station using my first tourist pass.
And we had to walk to the Central Station from the Hong Kong Station using the underpass.

It was a long long travellator before we reached Central Station, and we had to take to Wan Chai where our hotel was. Just few stops from Central.

We cramped ourselves into a packed train and held our breaths for few stops before we reached Wan Chai~

We saw our hotel's name at one of the exits~
As Simba has planned the itinerary this time (I was not involved in any planning), I didn't know that we would be staying in a 4 star hotel! He did let me choose 1 out of the 10 over hotels he chose from and I chose Wharney Guang Dong cos the photos of the room looked so attractive! The 10 over hotels he chose was 4 star or more. Lol. No wonder I was wondering why a day's stay was so expensive! U know I'm not someone who spends more on shopping than on the hotel stay. Lol. Simba was saying that we should make our graduation trip as luxuriousas possible. Omg!

Had our lunch at somewhere near our hotel. It was around 3pm when we reached the hotel and we were famished. The bellboy didn't leave after carrying the luggages for us. He was expecting a big tip from us, omg. My first impression of Hong Kong was like this.
Anyway, the menu was all over these boards. We had to order from one of the main counters, and then take our receipts to the stalls whereby the cooks would proceed to cook our food. We thought the main counter was only for ordering drinks at first. I went to find a seat and left Simba to order for me. I was wondering what took him so long, and when he was back, he said he stood there to observe the flow of how the others ordered their food and then he ordered his. Lols! That was smart~ At this point of time, u must be wondering why we didn't ask anyone. The thing is, the people there always think we are the locals but we don't understand Cantonese at all. Simba could understand a few sentences only. Lol.

Tried the nicest noodles and the Hong Kong milk tea. The milk tea was exactly the same as our Hong Kong Cafe's. It is that, or I can't taste the difference!
Sorry that my hair was messy. At the end of the day when I discovered it, I asked him why he didn't tell me that my hair was messy and he said he thought it was neat. The funny thing about Simba's character is that he always say something but meant the opposite. Lols. I dunno how to deal with it so I laughed. :D

Our next destination: The midway escalator

The escalator was known to be the longest and it stops at a few points so that u can get off it if u didn't want to continue riding it. Anyway, cos some lady squeezed in behind me after I got onto the escalator, Simba had to take the stairs so as not to lose sight of me. Lols. It was a loooooong way up. Lols.

He cut in the queue after that luckily.

The end of the escalator led us to here.

We had to walk quite a distance to our next destination, the Upper Lascar Row.
Simba's description on his itinerary was that the place was well-known for antiques.

Went up this flight of stairs just to use the public toilet. Surprisingly the toilet was quite clean! :D
Singapore's fine, Hong Kong is fine too!

Saw a very appealing sports car parked outside a bar.

Almost reaching our destination when we saw Ladder Street.

Reached and didn't get lost on the way, thanks to the bf.


One typical stall at the Street. Didn't get anything since the itmes they have there are antiques and collectibles.


Since the Western Market was near to our location, we went there too.

The building was vintage but the construction in front of it made it seem less magnificent. Lols.

Entering the building.



There wasn't much to see in it.. Most of the shops were selling long silk cloths.


In the evening we went to the Ladies Market. Simba left some of the places for me to lead. He named me "the captain of the ship" and I brought him to the Ladies Market. He said I should practise leading the way so as to prove that he has taught me well on how to read the map.
Btw, the market was kind of a disappointment cos it was more like a pasar malam, not like those night markets you find in Taipei. The things were mostly replica, or of low quality. I did find a shop with better quality clothings and bought 4 of them at only HKD200! That means each costs slightly less than S$10! Simba didn't buy anything in the end, although he has the idea of buying his friend a card game but aborted the idea later since it was written in Chinese and his friend was a potato kid. Lols.

Simba in the Ladies Market. Lols. With many many others. Crowded place at Mong Kok Station~



Had our dinner at somewhere nice. We were served with peanuts before we order. It's like our wedding dinner here.

Had the spicy sour soup! It's so wicked nice..!
:D
Mum's hurrying me to go to bed. Nights and see ya soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment