Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hayleigh or Heather, Wild Honey



Hope ya like my new blog layout. For those who watched In Time With You (我可能不會愛你), 初老症状第一条:
简单才是最美的。Simplicity makes a more definitive statement.  

Cousin came up with a few inspirations for my new Christian name lol. I shrugged when she first said she wanted to give me a unique name as I wonder how frequently I would use it. Wanted to shake off the idea but was pretty moved by her insistence. She went looking for names that start with a "H", with "Hayley", "Haylee", "Hayleigh" and "Heather" being the end result of her search. (Okie, the first 3 names have the same pronunciation but just spelled differently.)


Personally I like "Heather" but she said "Hayleigh" sounds more classy. So Hayleigh or Heather?

I know Simba would like "Hayleigh" more and am sure you understand why.

It's been 4 days since I last blogged. Usually u would find a 4 day gap between my entries perfectly normal, but since I am still stuck at home recently with nothing to do, u must be wondering what I have been doing these days.


Yes, I have been busy, not with work, but with visits from friends! Sec school friends came by on Saturday, colleagues on Sunday and Cousin on Tuesday. I have been chatting non-stop and felt extremely exhausted from these intense conversations. lol. I have to admit that I'm really getting older and no health supplements can help turn back time to the days where I could walk endlessly in shops with friends and not feel a tiny tad of tired.


Thank you thank you for visiting! :D


And I went to Nex last Sunday afternoon. Like a drug addict hooked on drugs, I was dying for some outside air since breathing in the same air at home for 2 consecutive weeks is killing me slowly yet painfully. I was so finally feeling the hope when Ling saw wheelchairs at the counter at Nex and thinks they must be for rent, and her boyfriend Calvin called to find out that her guess was absolutely correct.


So the boyfriend wheeled me from my house and took me shopping in the ever crowded mall, almost knocking into people at times. We went to get new contact lens, get a glimpse of Skecher shoes and watch Ah Boys to Men. Gonna get a new pair of good shoes to help improve my gait and balancing.


Thanks to the romance-themed storybooks and dramas I have been watching I think I have become more sentimental for a short sweet moment lol.


Dear John was one of the books I read! I'd never miss any Nicholas Sparks' book, including Dear John.

One bittersweet story but I surprised myself by not feeling hot tears in my eyes while reading it. By saying so, I have no choice but to shamelessly confess to have teared reading Message in a Bottle, The Rescue and The Guardian! :D

In Time with You is one fascinating drama and definitely one of the best I've seen. After faithfully watching every bit of the show, I have not a single doubt of it winning numerous awards at the 47th Golden Bell Awards. It's not one that gives exaggerations to force hilarious out of it, unlike some Taiwanese dramas. The attributes to its success must be that its content is mature, modern and realistic. You must watch it to understand what i'm reviewing over here so please watch it okie! 



My senses are now heightened by this book and drama lol. I'm now sentimental lol, don't disagree with that.



End of October would be the time we dedicate our time for Mao's birthday. He suggested going to Wild Honey, a all-day breakfast restaurant at Scotts Square.



Photobucket


Feeling rich that day and actually ordered a tea that costs $7! :D It was a splurge for a miser like me but at that point of time, I was really wanting to get a taste of the Wild Honey Tea at Wild Honey. It was a big mistake. Lol. It tasted like sour rose syrup paired with leaves but what to do, life is all about choices and sometimes you just have to make bad choices before making more good ones.




Photobucket


Ying with the Victoria Secret bag we bought for her on her birthday (:

And checkered Joe in the background.



Photobucket


A group photo of us having the best chemistry. Almost everyone dressed up to the nines despite any initiative to wear formal in the first place.

Miao and I wore maxi dresses and Ying was dressed in her shimmering folds dress coupled with a black vest.
Joe, Shi Xing, Wan and Jun Wen wore buttoned shirts, Mao Mao the birthday boy wore a tee with wrapped around scarf (and got teased the whole night about resembling Korean star Bae Yong-joon) and Tuck Wei in his usual street styled tee.



Photobucket


I remembered that the food took sometime to come so it's photo-taking time again!

They always tend to look fierce or smiley together in the photo so much so that we wonder if they planned beforehand the kind of look they will present for the first, second and subsequent photos.




Photobucket




Photobucket



All the breakfast sets are in large potions, something that Singaporeans like (lol) and give first-time diners there a dewy, different feeling.

Saw a increasing trend in the rising up of such All-day breakfast cafes in Singapore and wondered who was the first to came up with this creative idea! :D



Photobucket


Jun Wen'Tunisian Breakfast




Photobucket

Ying's English Breakfast




Photobucket


Tuck Wei's and my European Breakfast.

While my friends sang praises of the food, I kind of got tired of mine after some bites. The combination of bacon, cream, egg and mushrooms was making my throat uncomfortable and the wild honey tea isn't making any of it better.




Photobucket


Grandpa trying his best to munch on his bread lol.




Photobucket


Dunno who or what he was attempting to imitate but well this photo didn't turn out awkward and I kind of like it. At least it isn't gangnam style this time.





Photobucket


As my share wasn't as big as the others, the guys passed me some bread and tomatoes. But much to my and their disappointment, I didn't manage to finish them as well.




Photobucket



After satisfying our stomachs, we proceeded with the usual gift giving ceremony. This was our first time celebrating Mao's birthday together after all these times lol so we intended to get him something more exquisite to make up for the past forget-his-birthday years and his best bud Mr Darren suggested that a watch is what he needs most now.





Photobucket


After the market survey, some browsing through shops and the eventual voting on the color, we narrowed our choices down to this French Connection watch. At the sight of this watch through the display glass, we knew this was THE watch since Mao Mao is the guy next door who thinks simple is the new complicated. (Lol I dunno what I was implying but well...)





Photobucket


Miao and I turned up for the date in maxi dresses without planning for it to happen, hence a full-length photo of us in these dresses is a must as a memento.





Photobucket


I was proudly announcing the recent 2-cm increase of my height to Miao when she said she also grew by 2cm too. Then I have to constantly remind myself to stay humble so that I won't be ostracised later on in life . Lol.




Went over to Alfredo Gusto at Ion Orchard for some drinks.



Photobucket

4 of them went on a getaway to Bangkok in the month of October. SX and TW went together, Ying with her friends and Miao with her mum. Yup I find that people go on vacations towards the end of the year perhaps to finally get rid of the stress imposed on them since the start of the year.


And this was Simba holding onto one souvenir the guys bought for me.




Photobucket


Everyone was permitted to choose 2 out of the several. I thought the panda and the tiger were the cutest and was surprised by the different perceptions we have when it comes to the level of cuteness in things, which is good in a sense as we don't fight over them. Lol.




Photobucket


Pizza menu.




Photobucket



Photobucket


It felt like everyone's birthday that day as Ying also brought with her the souvenirs she got from Bangkok. It's such a coincidence that she bought similar souvenirs as TW and SX. 




Photobucket


Cute tee #1 for Joe.




Photobucket


Cute tee #2.



Photobucket


Other than buying souvenirs for us, generous Ying bought some for our boyfriends too. Tissue pouch and horsey keychains for Jun Wen. She only realised that they look more like giraffes and zebras with spots after she bought them and even apologised for the mistake lol. She is such a kind and early Santa!



Photobucket


Having the best of both worlds.

Drumlet on his left and horse keychain on his right. :D




Photobucket


Was in absolute shock when Ying handed me a bag filled with many small gifts from Bangkok and felt the need to take a picture of all of them. 3 pouches with 1 from Naraya, 2 of my favourite Sugar Bunny keychains, 1 heart-shaped tin and 1 floral hair tye! She understands me pretty well isn't it! #touched.









No comments: