Friday, November 09, 2012

Hoshigaoka - Negative Review



It's Day 4 post-surgery.
I'm bored stiff at home. :( I wouldn't be bored if I could lie on my front and write blog entries, watch dramas or variety shows or read books and magazines. But I could only lie on my back as the operated knee needs to be elevated all the time. Right now I am sitting up, extending both legs and bending my waist to type this entry and risking soreness on my back.

Developed sore throat and flu at Day 3, and my stool has been green. Couldn't find any substantial information about green stool post surgery so I can only hope that it is due to the medicine I took.

Living off painkillers and antibiotics now, and still depending on crutches to take me around the house. Was thankful that Simba took study leave from 8th-16th Nov for his Purchasing and Supply Diploma exams cos physically there is someone as "trapped" as me in my house. I am trapped on the bed not being able to go anywhere, and could only take walks to the living room and back while he is trapped in the house reading his textbook and facing the stress that exams are near.

Yesterday I was conveying the hellish side effects I experienced from GA, and wish to babble more about them now. Lol. After my parents and my younger bro head home at 5pm on the day of my surgery, Ying visited me at about 6pm. I wasn't at my best while talking to her, occasionally feeling the urge to vomit and vomited twice halfway through our conversation lol. Was very touched that she took care of me all this while before Jun Wen came. Fell asleep during some parts of the night but could feel their presence around me. #blessed. It wasn't until 11pm that night when I managed to pee, and the drip was finally off me. Felt kind of embarrassed to pee in the pot with the help of the nurse! :( And she also helped me change clothes. Omg.

To be continued again. :D



Blogging an entry about dinner at Hoshigaoka, a restaurant at the 4th floor of Shaw House, which is negatively rated by Jun Wen. So it was his pay day again and his turn to treat me to a nice dinner, but little did we know that it turned out to be a horrific one (according to Jun Wen).



Photobucket



Photobucket

Plenty of food varieties to choose from.



Photobucket

When the strawberry juice came and his typical horse look whenever he does some serious work.



Photobucket


Tai Yaki Ice Cream on the standalone menu on our table and I exclaimed, "I want to eat THE FISH!"
My liking for the kwey in the fish shape originated from an auntie I used to work with, and grew to a significant extent since then.
How ironic life can be when I hate eating real fish but got excited over eating anything that comes in the shape of a fish.



Photobucket

The set meal that came.




Photobucket


You can see how deeply in love I was with it! Was too eager to try it~~





Photobucket



I thought the ingredients tasted fine but the soup extremely salty. But you know, most Japanese soups or ramen are salty so erm I dunno. Anyways I am not very particular about food, so yup it's so alright for me. But after finishing this set, Simba was not the least full and whined about how little the ingredients were.




Photobucket


Deep fried shrimp that costs around $15. The basket containing it was unique, something not seen in other Jap restaurants that I have been to.
However, we were famished and hoping that this would make up for the previous dish but once again it caught us by surprise - it tasted just like flour.




Photobucket

The soft shell crab sushi roll which was the only acceptable dish for the day.



Photobucket


Photobucket


And lastly we had our fish red bean ice cream which is not so good as well. Lol.

The service wasn't great too. The food took a fairly long time to come and the waitresses were in a rush, hence lowering the service standard.

When the waitress asked about how the food was, Jun Wen was reluctant to answer her which was unlike him as he would always answer great or awesome. So I had to answer that they were okie, with Simba secretly signalling that they were among the worst by shaking his head when the waitress wasn't looking.






No comments: