Although my wedding day is still far away, I have been occasionally (and I really mean OCCASIONALLY only) looking through wedding gowns, taking down references of friends' wedding gowns and getting information about different photography studios in discreet. Okie, now it's not discreet anymore since I revealed the secret to y'all.
Actually I know what type of gown I would like to wear and already saw what suit Jun Wen should wear. I mean what suit I would SUGGEST him to wear lol. (Have to do a disclaimer here, if not TW and all would say I rule over JW) And am still deciding on where to hold the wedding shoots, and where to hold the ROM. A shoot at NTU is a must since I knew him from there but can't think of any nice good scenery over there lol. The only acceptable one is perhaps the School of Arts and Social Sciences? Sadded.
I'm really excited about it, the amount of excitement is significantly higher than how I felt during my convocation, and any other overseas trip that I experienced!
As for our honeymoon, I will leave it to Jun Wen who already has in mind the places he want to explore! I think one of such is Rome. :D
I zoomed right into a particular friend who has fabulous taste in choosing her gown (It's so beautiful! I teared upon seeing it on Facebook.) and the photography studio.
Her wedding photoshoot has 16 people in it, with 7 best men and 7 bridesmaids, to complete the picture of bliss! :D I wish to have such a photoshoot also omg. It must be a extraordinary touching thing to have 14 people take their free time off to be part of the team!
I guess I can't try to lose weight for the time being now since I'm still recuperating from the surgery, but will try to lose some to prepare myself in time for THE wedding. I think all my efforts to lose weight pre-surgery are gonna go down the drain since I am still dependent on crutches and couldn't exercise, and the surgery was also the perfect excuse for me to satisfy some cravings I have like beancurd, Caramel Milk Tea from Gong Tea and also some cheesecake. Simba, together with me, has been really sinful too as he shared every craving with me without feeling the least bit of guilt. (He would feel guilty IF I don't eat while he eats so during the period when I tried to lose weight he lost some weight too.) I think we are going to fear the weighing scale in time to come.
BUT in order to look better and fit into a size that I want in the wedding gown, I'm so determined to lose weight so ya I WILL LOSE SOME WEIGHT for the wedding okays!
Mr Eye Candy from the next lab came into our lab to do his experiment on the day of my surgery and just came in today too! Both CS and PH sent me photos of him in our lab. Aiya! :( Sadded. Why did he have to come when I'm not around? Lol.
That aside, I still have one more event (Mao's birthday) to blog about and I'm done, but I still have 2 more weeks of hospitalization leave. Just plainly thinking about the long stretches of boredom not interspersed with any interesting activity makes me feel like fainting. Hence thanking Tuck Wei for the inspiration of looking at old photos, I present to you our photos taken from my past blog entries that can be as old as 8 years old, in order to (1) pass my time at home and (2) hopefully retrieve some good old memories of yours.
(Most photos are with my poly friends cos as far as I remember, Ting helped to capture significant events of our life with her camera! I didn't have a camera back then, and think my secondary school friends didn't really bring any to our get-together.)

Honestly I have forgotten where this picture was taken. Was it at East Coast Park? Someone refresh my memory please. I used to think that I haven't change a bit since poly as I still feel as young as ever until I reviewed this photo, and wow I did look younger then. We were so cute lol. Fresh from Secondary School.
The sisters from 1st year in poly - Ting, Joanne, Wen King and Jason at 17 years old.
My tee was from 37 degrees and it's in the Salvation Army now!

At Siloso Beach in Sentosa! I can't help but think that we were all so cute omg.
Look at our class clown, Samuel (the extreme right)! He always have this look that cracks me up whenever I look at him.
I still have people coming up to me commenting that I look like mostly Filipino, Burmese, Thai or Vietnamese but I think I look more like these nationalities when I was 17. Look at how dark I was!

Cousin and I when I dyed my hair to somewhat blonde during my first visit to the salon.
Huge round earrings were one of the outstanding fashion trademarks then! And at that time, blur photos seemed bearable.

Dug up this candid photo too. It was taken by maybe Samuel in our computer lab at one of those presentation days, and those specs omg. The geeky me wore it lower than others lol.
And how can we forget to take a set of neoprints whenever we went out back then?
The scanned neoprints turned out to be very small in the computer and any larger they will be too stretched and become pixelated. We would also spend sometime decorating the captured image at the back of the neoprint machine. Look at those ribbons on our heads, I suppose we enlarged their original size to fit our heads.

Another neoprint with Ying!

Xmas dinner with our Careperson (Lecturer in-charge of our class) at a vegetarian buffet restaurant.
Mini skirts and torn jeans really were the past. We also dressed mostly in accordance to the monochrome color scheme.

Look at us at 25 years old now with more bright, bold and vibrant colours. Okie perhaps not all of us but we are wearing blue instead of just white, grey or black and that's an improvement!

Another recent photo since the one before was taken during Chinese New Year with black being prohibited.
Okie still monochrome colours but at least Jia Liang had some green element and Daniel wore brown shorts.

My Maths class in our Temasek Poly's typical Engineering School's lecture hall. Can you spot our lecturer? I remembered feeling the most blessed to be in the same project group as my eye candy (ahem. I think you know which one in the picture)!
And yup in the Engineering School, girls are always the minority! :D
My FYP group in the final year upon completion of our project, during our participation in IES (Institution of Engineers Singapore). I've got good memory yay.
Ting and I wore the same formal shirt we bought from a shop in MBK in Bangkok.
Now our boys have grown up and are getting married, one on 18th Nov and the other 26th this year!
With our FYP supervisor at IES
And after 3 years of play, it was finally time to say goodbye to our poly days.
We were one of the first batches to have grad gowns!
Mum and Dad at the "Harry Potter Exhibition"!
Our grad trip in Bangkok. Ting's sis joined in the fun too! :D
More outings after grad.
At Ah Chew desserts before it underwent a face-lift.
At Chomp Chomp
Guys at Grad night.

My dress was only $39.90 and it is still nicely sitting in my wardrobe now for memory sake. :D


Next milestone of my life was Uni.
My first year in Uni in one of our first lab classes with Bi Er and Carine!
First get-together for a movie at Lido after we all entered Uni and the guys army.

Oops, I think Jason entered first and the others end of the year?

One with Joanne my uni friend after we ended our Econs class really late.

And think this was one of the rare pictures I took with my sec school friends in those years.
We were at Clarke Quay and about to go Zouk or St James, can't remember. Also a time when Miao first experimented with curls.
All things might have changed but Joe's love for checkered shirts or pants would never!

Cousin and I in year 2007 when camera phones gave a higher resolution and neoprint machines were in the decline.
Leggings, skinny jeans, and electric blue cardigans! How can we ever keep them out of memory?

Guy friends also liked to keep longer hair when they were younger.

New Year or Grandma's house with my cousins. They were only 11 and 14 and I, at 20 years old, look really wrinkled beside them lol. Cousin kept saying I have this extended wrinkle around the eye aiya 气死我了!

Makes me wanna dye my hair again. :D

At 21 years old when Jun Wen first became the boyfriend.
He used to be so boy-boy.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures!
:D
No comments:
Post a Comment