The night scenery at the floating platform was so magnificent. :) And the fireworks are always breathtaking~. I wanted to show a few photos on the fireworks here but it violates the copyright of the photographer. U can google search for 'zoompict' if u are interested. His name is Kenny Teo.
Because of Singapore's attractive display of fireworks year after year, we were so disappointed in Hong Kong Disneyland's fireworks. :D
Thank you Singapore! You are always progressing for the better!
Joanna's GEP (Gifted Education Programme) test is nearing and I am in her house with her everyday till this date. She is 1 of the 4000 pupils selected to take the Gifted Programme test. There will be 3 rounds of such tests in her Primary 3 level. If she passes them all, she will be one of the top 1% (which is, 400 pupils) in Singapore to go through the Gifted Education Programme. She is a genius!
Today I passed her 3 sample GEP Maths questions, which is of Primary 6 level, and she finally said they were difficult. She usually told me she always just did her past examinations and didn't know why she got full marks without fail. In the end, she did 2 out of 3 questions correctly, with more steps though.
Going on to part 2 of my convocation.. :D

Saw Kwai Han, the cute girl, at the Quad Cafe. My ex project mate cum ex Spanish language classmate.

Miao came afterwards.. :)

Met Simba's buddies too! The ones he always go play LAN with.

And Simba's buddies' buddies, Kang Tai and Suria. Kang Tai wanted a feel of the beret on his head. Hahas.

And also Sai Leong.He has changed out of his gown.

With Valerie and Wei Lun. Saw them when going back to Quad Cafe with Miao and Ying. Ying heard Wei Lun told Simba and I to buy an apartment from him before he said bye. Lol. Yea, the guy is now a housing agent.
Thanks to Miao who helped me take a couple of photos! :)
Thanks to all the people I know in NTU! It's been a pleasure knowing my coursemates. :D

Hang out with Miao and Ying in Vivo for sometime before Ying went for class and went to the 3 monkeys' cafe to watch the Kumar show with Miao and her boyfriend.

It was $20 per head with a free alcoholic drink. A 2 hour show with two 15 mins break in between.
This is the menu with a picture of our Drag Queen, Kumar.
And I was seeing Kumar for the first time and he was gorgeous! I don't remember him looking this way the previous time I saw him on Youtube. Think he did something to the features on his face. Maybe Microderma abrasion. Maybe Botox like what Miao has suggested.


Table of 4 reserved by Mila, Miao.

This is not a candle. LOL. It is just some battery operated ornament that is candle-shaped.

I ordered some rum drink and it tasted very sour.
I really enjoyed myself at his show. Simba said that Kumar is the winner in talking crap. I have to agree. He made all of us burst out laughing continuously! I would definitely go for more of his shows. Miao mentioned hat he renewed his jokes once a month. :D And he is hosting shows every Wednesday at 8pm in the 3 Monkeys' Cafe. It is better to reserve your table before going.
Prepare yourself for:
1. His racist and Singapore government jokes.
2. Him targetting you (the audience) and make a joke out of you.
So be careful~!
Thanks Miao and her boyfriend for always recommending new things to me! :D
And I wanna bring up also about the day Simba and I took our photos at Clementi railway in our grad gowns.
We went first in the morning to collect our grad gowns at Serangoon Broadway studio.
We alighted at Potong Pasir mrt and wanted to find our way there using Google Maps.

On our way there..

Still on our way there..

We got abit lost and walked a longer way before we finally reached. The sun seemed to be hotter day by day.

When we finally finally reached our destination. Should have just opened some champagne on the spot.

The staff took us to a room where we get to try on our gowns.
She laughed at Simba when she said his gown would be of the same size as mine, which is small. LOL. So bad. We each placed a deposit of $100 for the studio photos with our family. :D

And we were told that many girls liked to have their studio photos taken with this HUGE graduation bear. Omg. Me too!


The carrier bag which says, "Graduation.. On every graduate's mind. In every student's heart."

We then took a bus to Clementi to the Clementi railway.


Carine said Simba looked like a foreign worker here. LOL. Totally agree!

Nice! I didn't dare to sit on the tracks as I am afraid of heights. Below these tracks is the river. There are gaps in those tracks. He may just fall into the gap and then into the river. But Simba is a daredevil who wishes to try sky diving and bungy jump one fine day.

I used a function known as 'pinhole' of my camera. Nice right!
He said we should take more stupid photos. And here he was wearing the grad gown and elated to graduate, so thrilled that he needs to commit suicide.
The wind was so strong that day. He didn't dare to wear his beret for some photos as it may just fall into the river when the wind blows.

The 'i'm scared' look.





Oops.. my finger that made the quality of the photo low. Lol.

He wore the beret wrongly on purpose. Lol.

And finally a decent photo together.:D

And one more!
Thank you Mum and Dad. Thank you for giving a life full of freedom all these years. Thank you that I have never seen u both once quarrel all these years. Thank you for making my life easier.
Till this day, Dad brings food to my room whenever I was busy with schoolwork. Thanks Dad.
Your debts to your parents is something you cannot repay even with the rest of your life.
Some kids mature at a young age of 16. I took about 19 to 20 years to mature. Mum and Dad, 辛苦了!
Out of curiousity, I went to wiki NTU and it is like omg, wow.
"Nanyang Technological University (Abbreviation: NTU) is one of the two largest public universities in Singapore with the biggest campus in Singapore and the world's largest engineering college. Its lush 200-hectare Yunnan Garden campus was the Youth Olympic Village of the world's first 2010 Summer Youth Olympics in 2010. One of the fastest-growing research universities in the world, NTU's share of competitive research funding has increased sevenfold since 2005, with significant funds devoted to the setting up of two Research Centres of Excellence – the Earth Observatory of Singapore and the Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering."
Ending my blog with this quote:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
— Albert Einstein
No comments:
Post a Comment