Friday, June 17, 2011

Facebook has quite abit of updates of my coursemates' graduation trips!
Yeah! Many of them are in the Western countries now! So cool! I wanna go there someday too :D



My tutee's mum got into the Singapore Bible College! Yeah! I am glad that I was in the process of seeing her through the application. :D



Gotten a 2 weeks job (28th June - 11th July) as a promoter at Shaw House Isetan supermarket during the Japanese Food Fair. Will be promoting one of the Japanese food items. I will be paired with a Japanese chef who will cook and I will promote his food. The thing is, the Japanese chef doesn't know English at all! During the interview, the interviewer told me that they need someone patient, smiley and cheerful because this promoter will need to try to understand what the chef is talking about with his actions. Omg!
(Got abit cheated since the Recruit Express told me initially I didn't have to promote!)


Nonetheless, i got through the interview, which is weird. It was a mass interview and we were asked to introduce ourselves. I was caught by surprise when the interviewer pointed at me. And I spoke without thinking. Said these exact words, "My name is Hui Jin. I have just graduated from NTU and is really looking forward to my graduation trips at the end of July, and so I am going to earn some money for these trips." And everyone laughed. Especially the HR manager who was beside the interviewer.
I felt abit stupid after saying that. LOL. Why on earth should I tell others my life story?!!
The rest of the girls were saying their names, which schools they are from, what they like.. etc.


I was preparing to answer questions like, "Do u have sales experience?" and "Why do u have interest?"

In the end, i felt that maybe this introduction earned me some points since I must be smiling so widely thinking about my graduation trips that the interviewer thought I am really very smiley and cheerful!

When it were our turns to ask a question each, I asked what Simba told me to ask which was, "Are we allowed to taste the food before we can fully describe what the taste is like to our customers?"

And they laughed again. I dunno whether it was good or bad cos I felt stupid again. LOL. I dunno if they will think of me as a glutton, omg!
But thank you Simba for the idea! Simba has been the best adviser for me! I have been calling him up late at night to ask him for advice. LOL. Like helping me translate some email from English to Chinese and send it back to my tutee's mum. Or even helping me check grammar for tutee's mum's essays.



Proud to say that I've been going to gym with Simba and his NS friend, Yew Peng.
We were having dinner after gym today when the TV programme at the cafe showed one Taiwanese programme. Xiao Zhong was in it! I laughed while I ate and Yew Peng didn't seem to like it. I then asked, "U know Xiao Zhong?"

Yew Peng, being always angmoh (He tried his best to speak Chinese to me though with some angmoh accent.), replied that he did not watch any channel 8 or U shows. So he didn't know any Taiwanese actors.

I asked him whether he likes what kind of stars then.. Maybe Korean or Japanese?
And he said the ultimate reply, "Oh the only TV show I watch on cable is the Discovery Channel."

LOL! OMG!
And Simba added excitedly, "This week is Shark week!"
(I think one of our TV channels will show some documentary on specific animal every week).
Then they said together something like, "Every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday!" Witnessing this scene was Epic! :D

Oh faints~ Please tell me they don't like animals so much.
And they then went back to Simba's house to watch the shark documentary.
Now I know why they are best of friends. I guess Joanne and Carine could join them too. LOL.






Now back to USS part 2~

Now I know the ducks' names! Woody Woodpecker! And they aren't ducks. There must be something wrong with my eyes. LOL.

All the high speed roller coasters do not allow hand carry bags and also do not allow u to place these bags in the nearby cabinet before u ride on them. They only allow lockers!


To make up to Simba for not being able to ride the Egyptian High Speed roller coaster, we rode on the 'Treasure Hunter'!

The waiting time was 40 mins :D


From USS


From USS


This is the vehicle for treasure hunting.





From USS







From USS



We rode by history.





From USS



The two Filipinos sitting in front of us. The vehicle has a seating capacity of 5 and so we have to share with 2 other visitors to maximize the space and lessen the waiting time for the rest. This was also good in the sense that we could jump queue! The two Filipinos were about 10 groups of people before us and those 10 groups were groups of 3 or more! So we passed all of them and got onto the vehicle first~





From USS







From USS



We passed by vultures ..



From USS



And mobile snakes without a slightest sense of fear.




From USS







From USS



During the ride. I looked cross-eyed. Omg.
The ride was a disappointment since it was such a short one and was not as interesting as anticipated! We waited 30 minutes for it!





From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



The entrance of Battlestar Galactica roller coaster. A place I can never conquer my fear of entering. :D

There are two rides, the Human (red) and Cylon (blue).

You should go on the Human one first because it's a little more mild than the Cylon!
A famous blogger introduced that these rides, both blue and red, are the highlights of the whole theme park. Worth spending $52 for just these 2 rides. She even rode each of them twice. She mentioned that she was doing this :O all the way!





From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


The Sci Fict section of the theme park.





From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


There are many high speed rides here in this section!
The Accelerator tells me to never get near it!






From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



A photo to tell others I've been here at Sci Fict!




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



I looked very round. LOL.
The bottom part of my dress looked really ROUND.




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)

Facebook thought this guy is Tuck Wei. :D




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)

We copied 2 professional photographers. One was sitting on the steps while the other took photo of her. I really copied her in sitting this way k!
Maybe Simba purposely made this blur to make it nicer lol!





From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)
We reached New York!





From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)

New York Cab




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



She can say different things to different visitors taking photos with her.
She asked us to hold each of her arms. Very friendly!





From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



Went to "Lights, Camera, Action" theater.
The warning was regarding smoke, water and fire!
This theme park seems more like a performance rather than a theme park to us! All thanks to me! Poor Simba! I promised him the next time we went we would ride all the dangerous rides. LOL. (Luckily and unluckily, he was having a cold and I a bad stomach. And I gave the excuse that we might vomit after the rides!)





From USS



We were now in the queue for the performance.
There were many vintage movie posters on the way to the theater. Starting from 1950s.




From USS






From USS



The Wolfman?
Never heard of it before.
Superman, Batman, X-men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman sound cooler!




From USS


Chucky, 1990.




From USS


I dunno why but I find this creature so familiar.
Doesn't it look like the plastic-like monster in Power Rangers?




From USS



Flintstones, 1994.
Back in the days where people held their vehicles, run with them and called this driving the car!



From USS



The Lost World, 1997.




From USS







From USS


And finally reaching the 21st century.
I watched both Bourne Identity and Van Helsing after I finally have the ability to spend on more movies~


And we headed in and got a HUGE surprise. Again no photography inside.
Simba liked the performance very much. Mostly because of the "fire surprise"! The fire was so near us i thought it would burn us. (Ok, i am scared again!) U should really go in and take a look! U will surely like it, like we did.



After we came out..



From USS


we saw movie poster of my favorite movie, Fast & Furious!
It's a must and honor to stand beside it!



And we reached a place where everyone is trying out hats.
I know it may seem very unhygienic but i couldn't care more!

It's picture time!




From USS

The Egyptians!




From USS

The clown




From USS
We were wondering how to wear this! And i don't understand why other guys were having an easy way wearing it and they looked really cool with it.
But Simba looked like... Erms... Crazy Chipmunk? I dunno! It really looks odd, as if something was amiss.
"Christmas Christmas time is here. Time for toys and time for cheers. We've been good, but we can't last. Hurry Christmas, hurry fast. Wants a plane that loops a loop. Me, I want a hula hoop..!"




From USS


So we held onto the previous "hat" and Simba took photo with this first!
Actually I think this should make him look like a soldier, but it kind of failed. LOL.







From USS
I then told him to flip it over. He did but maybe his head is too small! His eyes were covered by the big 'hat', so he had to hold it up.



From USS

Cro.. Cro.. Crooked!



From USS
Hold it higher!
But no fierce knight look! Failed again!




From USS
Fireman. :D
Looks more like a fireman!


From USS
Dinosaur is back!




From USS






From USS









From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



Almost back in Hollywood again.
In the Betty Boop shop!


From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


Full of Betty Boop stuff.




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



Went for another performance known as Monsters.
The performance has a few timings only. Make sure u don't miss one.
If u have never seen Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy and other monsters dance together, u should really watch this! Nice dances and songs they have! I love their customes! :D


From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



Dance performance right outside the cafe.
The girls' team.



From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


And the boys' team getting ready.




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


Nice ship :)




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



Nice Shrek toys.



From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


I love the donkey!

From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)


Zoomed in on Puss in Boats



From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)




From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)






From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)





And we were back at Waterworld. We missed it as we made a turn towards the Jurassic Park!


From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



From USS


We thought the rides and characters would be gone by 7pm and we sped up!
The waterworld show started at 6 30pm and we were slightly late.
The staff told us to look up into the sky for sth bright as we hurried to the show.
The performers were throwing some kind of very bright light sparklers.


From USS


The sparkles appeared above the hut.

From USS








From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)






From USS


And finally we arrived at the place of performance. This is their stage!
It was a VERY AWESOME show!
The performers were stuntmen, omg.
They jumped into waters, rode on speedboats, fired shots, ran like crazy, grabbed onto ropes and swing, and dealt with explosions everywhere!
The sounds were very loud.
Basically, the storyline was simple. It was all an escape from the bad people. The escape was always a close shave from danger. I think the stuntmen must be very well trained and focused throughout the whole performance. Any mistake could result in deadly consequences, like severe injury and even death!



From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



Many rushed to shake hands with 2 of the performers! We quickly took a photo with them.
Presenting the daredevils, the incredible stuntmen! Both were good people in the show :D
I am sorry for the red-eye effect. My camera ran out of battery and I had to use iphone. The flash isn't very good.

From USS


Magdacascar ship.

From USS



We then had dinner at the biggest snack bar. Saw Betty Boop on the way but didn't take photos with her. I was so hungry that I let go this opportunity. She never showed up again!



From USS


The retro music box that skipped the letter I.



From USS



we xchanged gifts.
I bought pS3 games for him once more.
He sort of hinted me! LOL.
Yakuza 4 and L.A. Noire.



From USS


His present for me is a watch.
It is a mixture of gold, white and bling.
My favourite combination!


From USS







From Universal Studios (29th May 2011)



We were surprised to see Puss in Boats even after 7pm.
We were worried about my iphone flash but decided to give it a chance in the end!
Chances are that it turned out to look smoky and they came true! :D
Puss in Boats was a shy character. It covered its mouth with its paws when it sees girls! So cute!
I can be Puss in Boats cos I'm of the same height as it! I want to be Puss in Boats mascot. I promised not to speak for hours.




From USS



Then we realised rides were still there! We went for the Magdacascar boat ride.
I love boat ride!



From USS



The whole ride was perfect! :D
U can just sit in the boat for a few rounds of ride at night when there is no queue at all!

From USS


The penguins we saw during the ride. iPhone failed me this time!



From USS



We went back also to try the canopy flyer in Jurassic Park. It looked like a really nice ride. I knew Simba cheated me of taking it once the ride began. I felt like I was going to fly out of it. I was hanging in mid air and trying hard to secure myself from flying out. Simba was shouting so happily and laughing at me throughout the ride. 没礼貌! When the ride ended, the auntie facing me saw my horrendous look and said, "One more ok? One more!" And I shook my head profusely. We got off the ride while everyone stayed on for another round since no one was queuing too!


Simba got worried that he did not buy any souvenir, especially after i bought one. It was late already and he was panicking! He wanted badly to go to the Dino Store to get one. LOL. So many stores in USS and he went directly for the Dino Store.

From USS


From USS


And he bought the below nicest T-shirt in the store.


Which summed up our USS visit!
Will go again in the near future :D




From USS






No comments: