Thursday, June 30, 2011

Working at Isetan Supermarket

Just finished my 3rd day at Isetan Supermarket and I must admit I am getting old. I stood for 8 hours only first day and
have some backache! It's Isetan's policy for everyone to stand straight and smile! Lol! Smile for 3 days and felt my cheeks ache. I'm in the Seafood department by the way! I sell expensive Japanese scallops, clams, squids, octopus and black soybeans!

Have not switched on my laptop for 3 days too! Cos I was so tired from work! Now blogging from my phone :)

Saw Berlinda the MediaCorp actress on my first day and Xia Xue on the second! Wows! I finally saw Xiaxue! She is wearing wedges and is only the height of my shoulder! :D People who saw her in person said she is fat. But I can swear she is not! :) Quite pretty! It may sound weird that I kind of like Xiaxue! I feel that she is quite nice to her friends! :P

I guess all the rich people goes to Isetan Supermarket!

Just to update that I'm enjoying my job! Remember I told u guys about the Isetan interview that sorts out the not so cheerful people? And I'm surrounded by the cheerful new friends I made during work ;) I really like them cos they never complain and always laugh! Lol! The sad thing is they are all younger than me!

The best thing about the job is I can talk and talk! Customers will listen to me! Hahahaha! It's great! Previously I was quite afraid that I might have to persuade the customers for a long time to make them buy! But I am terribly wrong! I guess food is the easiest to sell! After they tried the food samples they will buy! My first time being a promoter and yeahs, it isn't disappointing!

And the Japanese chefs are very nice! I can only catch a few Japanese words in the sentences they say but can understand the rest by some actions. :) Cool right! I can write in my resume under the skills section "ability to communicate with the Japanese" and I can work in a Japanese company! Lol!

No comments: