Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Shark Exhibition Part One By Jun Wen



As I am very lagged in my posts, Jun Wen decided to help me blog an entry here. That is what he iss interested in - our visit to the Shark Exhibition at the Science Center. A side note: Single admission costs $20. Both Shark Exhibition and Science Center cost $21. A combination of Exhibition, Science Center and
3D Shark Movie cost $25. So if u dunno what to do on a weekend, just head down to Science Center! :D The Shark Exhibition ends on August 2011.


Here is Jun Wen's account of what has happened:



Hi I am Jun Wen, doing a special guest appearance for this special blog entry. As some of you may know I am really fond of animals, I cannot possibly miss this chance to write about SHARKS! I am quite sure these marine fishes hold a special place in your heart too right. As for me, they are certainly my favourite type of aquatic residents ever since I am young. From toys to storybooks and video games, my admiration for these big fishes is only slightly less than that for my idol Ying Ying haha. Lets cut to the chase and move on!












From Shark Exhibition
This photo was taken at the entrance of the exhibition. The poster behind presented some shark hierarchy in terms of their sizes. If you were to compare, you will notice that I am about the same size as a shortfin Mako shark, which places me at about third placing. I believe that I am looking at some fossilized teeth of dead sharks as the photo is blurred.


















From Shark Exhibition
Papa and baby sharks. I think they are Great whites but the funny thing is that both of them had their mouth open in a way that reminded me of the horse face which I make whenever I am free. Perhaps sharks and horses share a common ancestry.

















From Shark Exhibition

The sole reason why boys love sharks. They are apex predators which means that they do not have natural predators. Ironically, their supremacy in the oceans was no much for us humans, causing them to fall from apex predators to widely hunted preys. Do not harm them please!!!


















From Shark Exhibition
This photo shows a Mako shark and a bluefin tuna. I do not know why the tuna is so much bigger but I do know that sharks generally love tuna. I think this type of tuna is usually caught and kept as a war trophy for fishermen who were lucky enough to haul up such a gigantic creature. It can surely provide you with 2 years of tuna sandwiches!



















From Shark Exhibition
The exhibition had this interactive touch screen board which provides information on pre-historic, modern sharks and deep ocean dwellers. My top favourite goes to the Megalodon shark which is the largest and apex of the apex predator that had ever roamed the depths of Earth. Dont forget to check this ancient monster out as its shear physique is enough to freak anyone out.



















From Shark Exhibition

Some jaws that can make your head pop like a balloon when CHOMPED unless you wear a helmet. My jaw can only snap the head of an ikan bilis.


















From Shark Exhibition
The insides of sharks. From here you can closed scrutinize what lies beneath the hide of the animal. By the way, sharks use claspers to do stuff...



















From Shark Exhibition

It may look like a torpedo from far but on closer observation it actually has fins. I forgot its name but I think it looks like Jing with its inverted U smile. I wish to keep it as a pet. Awesome-o-meter 5/10
















From Shark Exhibition

One of my favourites! Not only is this an awesome marine swimmer, it doubles up as a tool! It can even act in a show call the "plankton chainsaw massacre". Hope it sells in IKEA. This deserves a awesome-o-meter of 9.6/10


















From Shark Exhibition
Hey its Dora holding the fin of a shark. Its dora the explorer indeed! Say cheese.



















From Shark Exhibition
This is a photo of me looking stupidily at an illuminated screen of a shark on the interactive board. Did you know that the board allows you to rotate and turn the shark models so that various angles can be analyzed? You can also repeat the narrative over and over again which I tried to annoy Dora.



















From Shark Exhibition
Another one of my favourites! I forgot its name too but I shall call it the elephant fish. The lower projection of its mouth seems capable of lifting and holding a log just like a trunk. I give it an awesome-o-meter of 10/10.



















From Shark Exhibition
Best of friends again frozen together hahaha. I wonder what tuna ice-cream tastes like.


















From Shark Exhibition
This is another stunning fish! Wow it has this crazy balancing stump on its back. Imagine it cruising along the water surface and this big dorsal stump fin breaks water. Chances are you will not even know a shark is approaching. Let it be named the rhino shark with a awesome-o-meter of 8.734/10.



















From Shark Exhibition
A galore of big and small jaws. I only like the sawtooth hahaha.

No comments: